COPEPODS! But what kind?? Help needed!(:

rocheyong

Hi everyone! I'm currently doing an aquaculture project in school and I might have questions if the internet doesn't seem to help! The project focuses mainly on coral reefs but these coral reefs sustain a huge biodiversity! I love nature. I first discovered a baby crab in the staghorn, then a brittle star on it( I thought it was a worm at first!lol!). Few weeks later, I saw a mini crab( it is still white in colour) on the staghorn,even though it is really mini ( well your grandparents most likely would not be able to spot it), I can see it clawing for the dry feed(phytoplankton) I feed to the corals! How cute is that! And recently, I realise the tank has much copepods!

I'm excited.

As much as I want to maintain the conditions in the tank, the aquaculture project is after all a bunch of experiments to perform....In a few weeks time I would have to make changes to 2 of the water parameters to see what adverse effect they can do to the corals...but I can't bear to!

Picture092.jpg

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF COPEPODE THIS IS?(:

Nice pic huh?? Took this picture with the help of my sch's microscope!

Rochelle

The interdependant relationships established among all living creatures including us humans gives us no chance in surviving without Nature. Please think thrice if you know your actions bring harm to nature in any way.(: