Can superglue gel be used in water?

• SRC Member

Hi all, just a question to ask.

I want to glue my frags which are attached to small chips of LR onto the bigger LR which are inside the tank. I can't possibly remove the big LR out from the tank.

Can I just glue the chips directly onto the big LR in water?

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Hi all, just a question to ask.

I want to glue my frags which are attached to small chips of LR onto the bigger LR which are inside the tank. I can't possibly remove the big LR out from the tank.

Can I just glue the chips directly onto the big LR in water?

dont think normal super glue can work. tho there's a kind of glue sold in some LFS meant for gluing frags onto rocks.

• SRC Member

yes you can glue frags underwater, you just need to get super glue gel... any DIY shop sells it, put the glue on your frag and place it onto the rock for a minute or so moving it slowly... you'll see the glue starting to web than it will free(glue) on the rock.

regards

• Moderators

Yup. Superglue had been used widely by SPS keepers to glue their frag.

But this is very costly compare to using epoxy. Loctite brand of superglue is the best so far but most costly as well.

Whenever possible, use epoxy as there are better in holding bigger rock/frag.

Tom

Yup. Superglue had been used widely by SPS keepers to glue their frag.

But this is very costly compare to using epoxy. Loctite brand of superglue is the best so far but most costly as well.

Whenever possible, use epoxy as there are better in holding bigger rock/frag.

I total agreed :evil: ! Use to spend alot money buying gel but can't hold big frag steadily so switch to epoxy instead.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Underwater epoxy? Care to PM the brand? How long do you have to hold the frag still before letting go?

What about LPS and Softies? What is the best glue to stick them to desired LR? Detached softies with their copious amount of slime are specially difficult to re-attached.

• Like 1

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 4 years later...