clownfish galore

ambystoma82

• SRC Member

What's this clown? Nice blue bars...

clownfish.jpg

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

i remember desmond brought those butterfly in before but he ask me to give up the idea of keeping them as soon as he told me he have those, as its impossible to keep it alive.

LCK also told me the same thing when they brought in rainfordi.

What's this clown? Nice blue bars...

clownfish.jpg

Amphiprion bicinctus from the red sea. Pinnacle marine brought in a few of these during the red sea shipment. The head of bicinctus is different from that of chrysopterus.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Amphiprion bicinctus from the red sea. Pinnacle marine brought in a few of these during the red sea shipment. The head of bicinctus is different from that of chrysopterus.

Aiyo, both of them looks so similar... I cant even see the difference...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer
For those have not seen, here is a video of the v rare clownfish:

look abit like black footed clowns.

the visibility there is horrible! maybe they're not rare, just hard to see in all that muck :whistle

haha jk

• SRC Member

the visibility there is horrible! maybe they're not rare, just hard to see in all that muck :whistle

haha jk

they are super rare in the sense that, you need to get the permission of oman sultan in order to catch it and keep it as pet

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

haha jk

Oman clown is rarer than clarion, gem tang, conspic combine! Nobody has ever kept this clown because it is impossible to obtain this fish as the sultan has ban collection of any creatures from his sea! But this fish is locally abundant and it's rarity due to restriction on collection is v much the same story as mcullochi clowns.

• Senior Reefer
Oman clown is rarer than clarion, gem tang, conspic combine! Nobody has ever kept this clown because it is impossible to obtain this fish as the sultan has ban collection of any creatures from his sea! But this fish is locally abundant and it's rarity due to restriction on collection is v much the same story as mcullochi clowns.

oo! didnt know that!! perhaps that is for the better. since oman clown, as far as i know, can only be found in Oman right? which is near some peninsula or island thingy near arabia? if they allow people to catch them, then i guess they will be gone very quickly in a few years from over harvesting.

Haha i guess as much. After J&J i've not seen latz anymore. Dunno why other LFS always bring in so few varieties in their Australia Shipment. Always the same few scribbled, personifer, scott's, female lineatus and laboutei. Where are the latz, akindynos, chelmon marginalis, muelleri, coradion altevelis, hooded wrasse, rainfordi, pictilis, conspic etc etc!

Simply because most of the fishes mentioned are either too expensive or lack of demand. Not many ppl will pay $100+ for a clown