Post the worst thing ever happened in ur tank

qwertman123

So unlucky zz, woke up in the morning juz to find out that my pump is spoilt !

Cause > stupid bicolor blennie went in the pump causing the upper half part of it

being blended !! MakING my whole tank a BLENNIE MILKSHAKE!!!

After > went to smell the water :rolleyes: .....STINK LIKE HELL!!!!!!!

can see the whole tank with bits and pieces of blennie meat :upsidedown:

watsed 2hr changing the water :rolleyes: hahahaha!

• Senior Reefer

i found it hard that u find that even remotely funny...

anyway, worst thing that happen to me was a flooding caused by my chiller's return hose not being secured properly. resulted in an empty sump and a flooded living room.

• SRC Member

The worst shiit that striked was when i came home one day, and my CO told me my fishes are die-ing and i saw my blenny lying on the sand bed, my maroon clown breathing heavily and my brain bloated like a balloon. I realised my salinity level is 1.3 plus!...change my waters a few times...but in the end all my fishes RIP.

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
FLOODING! Wipe and mop like hell the floor still sticky. I hate flooding and whenever it floods, i tell myself i'll switch back to freshwater but in the end didn't.

hi-5! flooding is a pain in not only the ######, but everywhere else. summore my floor is wood laminate...the stickyness is really annoying.

Worst thing that happen ? Must be a complete power black out while you are not at home !! :cry::cry:

Exactly. Flooding is of course annoying! Just this morning woke up and house flooded. Return hose to tank dislodged!

Luckily was for my planted tank and not marine

But the worse thing is power failure when away for long weekend.

Happened once and all lifestock was floating and stinking when I open the door. SAD SAD.

• SRC Member

3 times

1) RTA got stuck into power head. Discover early. No nuke, just the unforgetable tasks to remove the

RTA from the powerhead

2) Main return pump down. Discover early. Lucky got standby pump.

3) Chiller pump went down. Temperature shot up to 30+ with MH on. Saw corals not opening as they

should. Quickly off all lights, put in standby bottles of ice and again, have standby pump. Took many

hrs to bring temperature. Hammer melted off.

But my worst fear is that all this happen and I'm NOT home :(

• SRC Member
Beside floor clearing.. The worst thing to happen to me is got "stuck" in this hobby.. I love reefing.. LOL

haha bro worst thing is you do water change, clean tank, clean floor clean toilet but never complain about hobby, only proud of it. My living room's prob cleaner now coz I always have to mop up after spilling water.

• SRC Member

flood flood flood..

when i just started,

it happened so many times because i didnt secure the pumps properly...

then realise the 2nd hand canister filter i got from a reefer who decommed his tank was leaking!!!

was so frustrated i almost gave up the hobby...

but coming back to this forum,

seeing the beautiful photos and reading success stories made me hold on to this hobby...

yea! love this hobby!

although it has been burning a big hole in my pocket every month...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

power failure is because sometimes the water gets into the socket.

Wrapped yr sockets or power points or tapped them with a transparent tape.

i kena that also.

flood is common when the hose is not tightly secured to the pumps....i kena also.

i also kena my skimmer overflow..believe it or not and it..short-circuit my whole house and i have to go outside and switch back the main circuit. (that was a hang-on skimmer)

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Worst thing that ever happened?? :( My tank crashed due to me changing water weekly using tap water without adding salt and didn't noe that i must add salt... :pinch:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
The worst shiit that striked was when i came home one day, and my CO told me my fishes are die-ing and i saw my blenny lying on the sand bed, my maroon clown breathing heavily and my brain bloated like a balloon. I realised my salinity level is 1.3 plus!...change my waters a few times...but in the end all my fishes RIP.

I had this problem due to evaporation last time.Now decided not to put the SG 1.025 but lower it to 1.023.

girlone.png

Anemone stuck to power head. Nobody's home for 2 days. Go figure the rest. :pinch:

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• Senior Reefer

today bad thing number 2 happen.

suddenly out of no where power from, my tank trip. smelt a "burning" smell. got so panic. i suspect is coz i overload the switch with too many plugs.

solution : went to add another extension plug elsewhere to reduce number of plugs in one circuit, and turn on the main switch from circuit breaker. heng nothing happen....