Proper Cycling

yikai

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys,im new in marine and just start to cycle my tank 2 days ago.Ive dose 1x vial of bio digest and 1x Bioptim.ive put in a piece of market prawn too.My question is when can i remove the prawn for my tank?

Hei Bro,

What I did is just leave the market prawn inside the tank until it's decompose by itself :)

Cheers!

Display Tank: 3x2x2 feet (12mm Crystal Glass)

Sump Tank: 2.5 feet with 4 compartments

"Reef Maniac - Ninja: Fish and Coral don't wait for you!"

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Good read and advice. Many of us usually get too anxious setting up a new tank especially newbie hence tends to skip hell lots of step. Its better to be patient than doing it all over again when your tank crash after a long wait. 

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Or if you find the prawn gross, just use a few pellets to do the cycle. I used only 3 small sinking food pellets for my cycle, just let them dissolve and forget about it

Edited by tuajia

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Supporter

Any one can advise me if i can add rowaphos and ceramic ring in sump during cycling? Thanks

hi bro, yes u can definitely add rowaphos and ceramic rings in sump during Cycling, ceramic rings to house your beneficial bacteria and rowaphos to absorb silicate and po4, both helps to improve your water quality and prepare your water for livestock additions

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

• SRC Member

hi bro, yes u can definitely add rowaphos and ceramic rings in sump during Cycling, ceramic rings to house your beneficial bacteria and rowaphos to absorb silicate and po4, both helps to improve your water quality and prepare your water for livestock additions

thank you sir!

"It said on the box Requires Windows 95 or better - so i bought a Mac"

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

Bacteria can be purchased - many brands out there. Continum Microbacter 7, Aquaforest ProbioS, prodibio just to name a few. These will help seed the bacteria population.

The market prawn is to create organic waste & provide ammonia to feed the bacteria so that its population increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Supporter

Primary purpose of the lights is to provide energy for the corals to photosynthesize.

During cycling, its absolutely not necessary to switch on the lights. 

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...