Black Clowns got Ich

• SRC Member

Hi, my black clown got ich from my YT. Today is the first day i discover they are having ich. Will they recover? They are still swimming n eating though? Any bros here have encounter clowns getting ich n recovered?

Advised appreciated

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• Senior Reefer

i never had any fishes die from ich before.... anyway i don't find it as serious compared to other disease. usually will go away by itself after some time. will just do more WC and feed more.

• SRC Member
i never had any fishes die from ich before.... anyway i don't find it as serious compared to other disease. usually will go away by itself after some time. will just do more WC and feed more.

Thanks bro.. btw, do u think i need to catch them out and placed under a seperate tank and lower the salinity?

• SRC Member

new thank?

moniter for another day and see how it goes.

dose bacteria as well to prevent stress from waste from the nitrogen cycly

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
new thank?

moniter for another day and see how it goes.

dose bacteria as well to prevent stress from waste from the nitrogen cycly

The Yellow Tang having ich for past 2 weeks already. Now it spread to the clowns. The tank abt 3 mths and ammonia cycle shld be complete though

as long as dey r stil feeding normally, den shd be np...once dey build up their immune sys, den will ok liao le :)

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member
as long as dey r stil feeding normally, den shd be np...once dey build up their immune sys, den will ok liao le :)

I just catch them out to be placed in a seperate tank. Do not want to take the risk.. I should be reducing the salinity

• SRC Member

hopefully bro... I just catch them out to be placed in a seperate tank. Do not want to take the risk.. I should be reducing the salinity

• SRC Member

alternative is doze bacteria.

its part and parcel of a new tank. do frequent water change and add bac. when ur tank is more stable, these problems will reduce.

all the best.

warmest regards,

Lawrence

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
alternative is doze bacteria.

its part and parcel of a new tank. do frequent water change and add bac. when ur tank is more stable, these problems will reduce.

all the best.

warmest regards,

Lawrence

Sure bro. Thanks for ur input. I had catch the pair of clowns out and placed in a seperate tank. Just did a fresh water bath for them :) Hopefully, they recover :)

• SRC Member

if its ick, FW dips wont helps as those buggers burrow below fish mucous preventing from getting affected from the osmolatic shock. however, monitor ur clown, if u see them restless and slimy, very likely its brook aka clownfish disease. it can kill a fish within 8hrs.

bloody scary infection to me. so take note.

just in case for brook, can use formalin which is very effective provided that if u can get a hold on it. if not, use nitrofuran family antibiotics.

all the best.

• SRC Member

how long was your dip? Anyway, your display tank already has ich. Even if you cure your clowns of their ich now and put them back into your dt, they will still be subjected to ich. Unless you want to run fishless for at least 4 weeks for the entire life cycle to finish.

Like what others have said, no need to be too alarmed over ich unless your fish shows real signs of distress. But since you have already QT them, take the opportunity to monitor for other diseases, feed them with healthy food like spirulina, garlic etc. so their immune system gets stronger.

• SRC Member

yea.

ich will always surface..

normally if it have ich and it's feeding, ignore it as it will build up it's immune system.

(unless it's super super severe ich)

1) you will stress it more if you catch it

2) when it's ok, if you put into your main tank again, ich will come back as it's stress (this can happen)

currently since it's at QT, feed with the common food you fed your fishes (pellets/frozen) and once it's fighting fit, can put it back to DT again.

all the best!

• SRC Member

Just to be sure... when you mention you placing in separate tank, you mean QT right? Realise I took for granted tt you QT it. If you use same water from the display tank, or is linked to your dt, then the parasite is still in the separate tank.

:off: Nice chatting with you onizuka! How's the zoas? Mine open up really nicely

Yup totally agree with fishes feeding well are fighting fit fishes. It happened to me, was so stressed out by ich outbreak, now fishes are eating very well and ich has some how dissappeared.

Do water change it helps.

Bro, can advice how long you have kept your black clown? Personally, i feel black clown is sensitive to water condition also. Is your yellow tang badly infected with white spot?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Sure bro. Thanks for ur input. I had catch the pair of clowns out and placed in a seperate tank. Just did a fresh water bath for them :) Hopefully, they recover :)

Use copper. But make sure also use a reliable test kit. Don't waste time on FW. It will not help. Honestly, same stand as most of the reefers, no panick if it is still eating and active.

• SRC Member
Use copper. But make sure also use a reliable test kit. Don't waste time on FW. It will not help. Honestly, same stand as most of the reefers, no panick if it is still eating and active.

ya if its eating and active leave it inside so as not to stress it more when you catch it up

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
Bro, can advice how long you have kept your black clown? Personally, i feel black clown is sensitive to water condition also. Is your yellow tang badly infected with white spot?

Yes, the YT was quite affected. The clowns were just bought from lck. Did not know that clowns will have white spot also. One of them died and i think the other one is more or less :(

Bought 3 cleaner shrimp this afternoon and they operate on the YT immediately. Just came back and saw the YT looks better. But the strange thing is i cannot find any of the 3 cleaner shrimps. Will yellow watchman goby eat cleaner shrimp? I do witness my watchman goby eating sexy shrimps..

• SRC Member
if its ick, FW dips wont helps as those buggers burrow below fish mucous preventing from getting affected from the osmolatic shock. however, monitor ur clown, if u see them restless and slimy, very likely its brook aka clownfish disease. it can kill a fish within 8hrs.

bloody scary infection to me. so take note.

just in case for brook, can use formalin which is very effective provided that if u can get a hold on it. if not, use nitrofuran family antibiotics.

all the best.

bro, i think u are right on the dot. One of the clown was dead this morning and within ur 8hrs time frame :(

• SRC Member
bro, i think u are right on the dot. One of the clown was dead this morning and within ur 8hrs time frame :(

Sad to hear that. What were the symptoms? I would watch the main tank for other possible disease signs as well.

Hope the other clown makes it through

• SRC Member

I think its essential to know the source of ich, few mths ago, I've got a case where 6 of my tangs contracted ich right after I added a PBT, fortunately the ich was gone right after PBT die of ich. So u might want to consider remove the source, which is your YT.

• SRC Member
Sad to hear that. What were the symptoms? I would watch the main tank for other possible disease signs as well.

Hope the other clown makes it through

Really very sad :( :( Got a pair with real unique pattern.. The other did not make it today

I think its essential to know the source of ich, few mths ago, I've got a case where 6 of my tangs contracted ich right after I added a PBT, fortunately the ich was gone right after PBT die of ich. So u might want to consider remove the source, which is your YT.

I wanted to remove the YT but impossible to catch it. The YT is recovering though...

• SRC Member
Really very sad :( :( Got a pair with real unique pattern.. The other did not make it today

I wanted to remove the YT but impossible to catch it. The YT is recovering though...

I feel for you bro.

It would be good if you could quarantine future fishes to make sure they are feeding well and fighting feed before introducing them to you dt to ensure they are healthy. And run UV or ozonizer.

It would be better if you could run your dt fishless and let the entire ich cycle die off and qt future fishes to prevent the same occurrence. Up to you bro.

• SRC Member
I feel for you bro.

It would be good if you could quarantine future fishes to make sure they are feeding well and fighting feed before introducing them to you dt to ensure they are healthy. And run UV or ozonizer.

It would be better if you could run your dt fishless and let the entire ich cycle die off and qt future fishes to prevent the same occurrence. Up to you bro.

Thanks bro... will take note of it. Not possible to run fishless now. But i think it shld be a few mths later before i add anymore clowns.. Will be running UV to reduce it..