Red head goby breeding log

FuEl

After more than $500 invested in these gobies, finally I get to attempt raising their larvae.

They are just darn small although they are at 6 days. They will be eating rotifers for another 2 weeks. <_<

img4268s.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

they're the white speckles you see beside the pipe.. congrats bro Fuel.. :bow: hands down for your effort and committment.. you're definitely doing your part for the ocean..

really admire your endeavour, dedication and persistence, Bro Fuel.

Met you once at Joe P's place quite a number of years back.

Never thought you will become such a professional breeder.

2 Thumbs up!

Would have given all 10 thumbs up if I had 10! :bow:

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Time for the 'kelong' rental to hit it big.... You're talent's not to be wasted.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer
And the amazing thing is he raises them in a 5 gallon black bucket! :upsidedown:

that black bucket is the ikea one right? i use it for dustbin :( cnever knew it can be used for something more productive like breeding marine fish lol.

• SRC Supporter
that black bucket is the ikea one right? i use it for dustbin :( cnever knew it can be used for something more productive like breeding marine fish lol.

That's right.

Raising larve is one thing.. raising them in a small black bucket is another.. :upsidedown:

• Senior Reefer
That's right.

Raising larve is one thing.. raising them in a small black bucket is another.. :upsidedown:

i was raised in a bucket :D haha just kidding.

yeah very impressive! cant wait to see them grow bigger.

• SRC Member

im truely impressed :yeah: i bet you must be darn happy now having them with you.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

just remember to support when the babies are ready for sale, but of coz unless fuel has other plans for them

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Having larvae is one thing, getting the larvae to metamorphose into a fish is another. For red heads I believe it will take around a month, about a week longer than dottybacks.

Previous try I got them past 2 weeks but I gave up as they did'nt seem to grow and I only had 2 larvae left. Now I still have easily 100+ larvae estimated and they do seem to be growing. I might have underfed them the previous attempt. I would have used a bigger container for them for less work & less monitoring, but have space constraints at the moment so got to make do with what I have.

Apologies for the poor quality pic but it is hard to take photos of larvae that small without a microscope to magnify them.

• SRC Member
bro ur tank can suppot many leh! :P
but still need to make room for others also mah

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

No need to anticipate so much..make me very stress for results. :cry:

Even if I get fish out of these larvae, from what I read they need about 6-7 months to be big enough for most tanks. :cry2:

After more than $500 invested in these gobies, finally I get to attempt raising their larvae.

They are just darn small although they are at 6 days. They will be eating rotifers for another 2 weeks. <_<

img4268s.jpg

Wow bro u are the man will be waiting for it to be adopt ha ha