Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member
Really? If bartletts are better choice then we will definitely go for it as it's more colourful and originally what we wanted... :) I think price wise is ok la... thats the thing abt keeping marine fish in SG>.. equipment is super ex but fishes and corals are quite reasonable...

An exciting build I'm sure :) You need not limit yourself to bartletts u know? There are many other anthias out there tt are equally nice. Maybe can plan for afew of each.

• Senior Reefer
An exciting build I'm sure :) You need not limit yourself to bartletts u know? There are many other anthias out there tt are equally nice. Maybe can plan for afew of each.

Bartlett anthias are excellent choice for starters. If want to try anthias, try bartletts first. other anthias range from difficult to feed to almost impossible to sustain. most other anthias do not respond well to comercial food like the way bartletts do. so this might help in ur choices.

of course in time to come, u can pursue other more difficult species like dispars etc.

• SRC Member
Bartlett anthias are excellent choice for starters. If want to try anthias, try bartletts first. other anthias range from difficult to feed to almost impossible to sustain. most other anthias do not respond well to comercial food like the way bartletts do. so this might help in ur choices.

of course in time to come, u can pursue other more difficult species like dispars etc.

I would rather start with a few bartletts and move from there than add in 10 bartletts at once. It would be quite a shock on the bio load, and not to mention you will be limiting yourself to other fishes. It would be a headache in future if you decide you don't want tt many bartletts and have to start catching them out.

• SRC Supporter
I would rather start with a few bartletts and move from there than add in 10 bartletts at once. It would be quite a shock on the bio load, and not to mention you will be limiting yourself to other fishes. It would be a headache in future if you decide you don't want tt many bartletts and have to start catching them out.

who said anything about 10 bartletts at once!? thats crazy! hahaha. yeah start with afew move on from there

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
who said anything about 10 bartletts at once!? thats crazy! hahaha. yeah start with afew move on from there

slowly slowly... need to get the mood sets before u can enjoy more... slowly slowly..

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
slowly slowly... need to get the mood sets before u can enjoy more... slowly slowly..

Haha... yalor.. maybe 6 barletts ba... too few also not so nice... not moving as a school...

Tank setup basically done.. Desi taking some more photos and will post later...

Thanks to Elvin and Eugene from Reborn.. the setup, i feel, is very neat and tidy.. :)

• SRC Member

DAY 2 is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) TANK IS 99% complete. Unfortunately due to shipment delays and the fact we booked this tank on the 30th of november ... :P We have yet to get our Originally planned Skimmer and FR and 2 penductors for the return.. so those 3 items are still pending which will be put in end of Jan 2010. Right now, we are given a loaned Deltec skimmer to use until our originally planned one comes in.

SO HERE are the pics with some detailed ones for the beautiful piping and neat wiring done by the 2 handsome young men who came today ( praise a bit la... they sweat allot until whole day yesterday and EVEN TODAY when I turn on air con for them.. they DID NOT EVEN GO TOILET for the 9 hours or so they were in my house.. WHERE DOES THE PEE GO?!).

Instllation of the MOvalite Rack and drilling holes into the acrylic cover of where the pipes dump the water from the overflow to the sump..

post-12571-1262189880_thumb.jpg post-12571-1262189923_thumb.jpg

CLose up of how the MOvalite Rack looks like and the 2 Fans ketchup bought form SIM LIM today during lunch time to cool the Gisseman lighting..

post-12571-1262189959_thumb.jpg post-12571-1262190185_thumb.jpg

BROTHERS or MEN at work... 2 at the same time .. one on top.. the OTHER BELOW!

post-12571-1262189993_thumb.jpg

Ketchup plonking in the fine sand after washing it... I noticed how he lumped them looked like.. mammary glands... :P ahem ahem.. I couldn't use the "B" word.. see the close up pic. hah

post-12571-1262190067_thumb.jpg post-12571-1262190080_thumb.jpg

Affer the wiring is done, this is the top section where the overflow is with the switches ANd the Tunze wavebox controller. We have not plugged in all the lighting plugs yet that's why you see some hanging down. :)

post-12571-1262190355_thumb.jpg post-12571-1262190367_thumb.jpg

Part of the bottom section of our tank which you can see the REfrigum, a small area where the black sponge is for me to put other filter media, and then the 4 Enhieim pumps plus the LOANED deltec skimmer. The red pail designates where the top up reservoir will be. Elvin has suggested that they make it ONLY after the original skimmer has arrived so that they will get the specs right and construct the right size.

NOtice how neat it is.. the only messy thing is the skimmer's wire which wasn't long enough to pull through the wire trunking so it is left dangling over the sump. Well we'd live with it for the time being. :)

post-12571-1262190290_thumb.jpg post-12571-1262190645_thumb.jpg

CLose up of the piping done and the safety valves. :) As ketchup and I know shit of all these, we stand impressed at their handiwork.

post-12571-1262190566_thumb.jpg post-12571-1262190582_thumb.jpg

THe other side of the bottom section with the chiller and the switches all neatly labeled. :)

post-12571-1262190441_thumb.jpg post-12571-1262190455_thumb.jpg

THE FINAL RESULT

post-12571-1262190695_thumb.jpg post-12571-1262190767_thumb.jpg post-12571-1262190791_thumb.jpg

TOMORROW delivery of NSW and throwing in the BLACK SAND.

CHEONG AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We may not be playing WOW anymore but hell I"d still say this : FOR ZE HORDE! :P ( I know it has no bearing for a marine tank but hey.. the feeling of victory is there... heh )

D&K

post-12571-1262190679_thumb.jpg

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

cant wait for the black sand and NSW too...

black sand would look really nice,

brings out the colours of some of the corals..

just reading your thread makes me so excited about it too...

am keeping track of this thread closely :upsidedown:

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member
ahahaha mammary glands! vocab v good. most ppl will use the other alternatives..............

lemon, I'm a woman.. of course I know the MANY terms used for my.. ahem...water chestnuts ( and that's NOT AN INDICATION OF THE SIZE HOR!)

LOL

Desi.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer
lemon, I'm a woman.. of course I know the MANY terms used for my.. ahem...water chestnuts ( and that's NOT AN INDICATION OF THE SIZE HOR!)

LOL

Desi.

i'm a teenager. i know ALOT more also hahahah!! :P

ok ok off topic hehehehhehehehehe

• SRC Member
Wow! the setup really v. :yeah:

V. impressed with RB's work!

Yup... i think the setup is great and i don't regret choosing them..

We have been consulted every step and learned a lot from them.. on top of that... they did a lot of stuffs that's outside their scope.. like wiring our nano tunze to make it long enough, putting silicon on our old 2 ft unused tank so we can use as QT Tank etc.

They have been very neat and tidy too... and work very late the past 2 days... though partially their fault la... cos things arrived late ma! LOL..

• SRC Member
cant wait for the black sand and NSW too...

black sand would look really nice,

brings out the colours of some of the corals..

just reading your thread makes me so excited about it too...

am keeping track of this thread closely :upsidedown:

Yup.. the NSW and Black Sand will be in tmr.. so basic rockscape shd be done and can start cycling either tmr or 1/1....

The tank should be cycling while i am away for a week in angkor wat while desi keep track of the water parameters.. hopefully by mid-end Jan we can slowly start stocking up.. :)

• SRC Member
Yup.. the NSW and Black Sand will be in tmr.. so basic rockscape shd be done and can start cycling either tmr or 1/1....

The tank should be cycling while i am away for a week in angkor wat while desi keep track of the water parameters.. hopefully by mid-end Jan we can slowly start stocking up.. :)

getting ready for CHINESE NEW YEAR :lol:

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member
cardinals.. u mean this

372714.jpeg

dackie fnd this fish boring leh

hey hey hey dont just push blame to me hor, u also find them boring

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member

very very nice setup , but remember please be patience. the 1 thing most reefers dont have.

good start ensures a better stable tank and a longer reefing life

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member
hey hey hey dont just push blame to me hor, u also find them boring

that why me and dackie find its the perfect fish for cycling the tank as its easy to catch. right ddackie..

:evil: inviting flame

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

btw those check valves to prevent back siphoning do not always work well.. calcium solidification and snails can prevent it for functioning.

best is to make sure your sump able to take the "EXTRA" water incase of power trip