A Sugguestion ~ 'Shoubox'

kimkim23

• SRC Member
Hi admin , how bout having a shoutbox on top of the forum so everyone can chat "live" ^^v

js a suggestion hee.. :paiseh:

There is a live chat function in this forum but it doesn't seem to be working.

post-15726-1260503134.jpg

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member
There is a live chat function in this forum but it doesn't seem to be working.

ya hmm think the software for that is not really up to date :mellow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

lol if you never pointed it out I wouldn't have noticed.

But if we ever have a Live Chat, wouldn't it be like MIRC? like it will be super confusing. Can imagine 60 members talking at the same time? Of course can then move on to private chatboxes aka MSN. My view is that it's prob too hardcore to have a irc concept on the forum la...

• SRC Member
lol if you never pointed it out I wouldn't have noticed.

But if we ever have a Live Chat, wouldn't it be like MIRC? like it will be super confusing. Can imagine 60 members talking at the same time? Of course can then move on to private chatboxes aka MSN. My view is that it's prob too hardcore to have a irc concept on the forum la...

It should be alright if everyone sticks to the same topic everyday different :upsidedown:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

hmm at times i frequent another forum which have a shoutbox,which aint on the same topic here,actually wont see too many pp chatting on the same time,and it wont be confusing too,coz to say the truth alot of time everyone is working,so active members chatting on the shoutbox wont be so much until its confusing de..can share ideas on the live.Can discuss off topic matters oso lolz..just chit chattings nia..alright de la..Anyway its just a suggestion alright ;) just thought it would make a nice addition to the already great forum.

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Supporter

Hi guys, the Live chat function previously installed works only on the old " IRC " chat software.. So it is rather outdated IMO .

Anyway thanks for kimkim on the suggestation on the "shout box" function in the forum and i will look into it..

cheers.:)

• SRC Member
hmm at times i frequent another forum which have a shoutbox,which aint on the same topic here,actually wont see too many pp chatting on the same time,and it wont be confusing too,coz to say the truth alot of time everyone is working,so active members chatting on the shoutbox wont be so much until its confusing de..can share ideas on the live.Can discuss off topic matters oso lolz..just chit chattings nia..alright de la..Anyway its just a suggestion alright ;) just thought it would make a nice addition to the already great forum.

SG Runners is one such forum.. haha..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member
SG Runners is one such forum.. haha..

Hehehe but then how I dunno them well so very diff to go in to chit chat lor

hahaha if there is one in src I would surely support :upsidedown:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg