Search function modification

comycus

• SRC Member

Would like to suggest modifying our search function to include the ability to search within threads. I think this will be good when searching through long threads, and hopefully encourage members to be more active in looking for information rather than posting repeated questions.

A good example of this will be on RC, where members can "search this thread".

hi,

You can actually choose under more "option" when you select the "Search" function below the banner.. You can then select which thread you wish to search to ?

Does that helps ?

• SRC Member

The RC one has a v. user friendly layout that allows one to search within the individual thread immediately. I believe our search function can only search up to the sub forum level. Even if individual threads can be searched here, it will be burried in layers.

Let's say I am reading X's thread and he mentions he follows a particular feeding method. If I want to know more, I can choose "search this thread" to find his posts on the feeding method in his thread instead of searching through 100+ pages. I can use the current search function, cilck on more options and filter it to a particular member and go through multiple threads (if he has mentioned it in different threads), but I believe the former is a more efficient method of searching.

Can check out RC to find out what I mean.

• Senior Reefer

there is already a "search this thread" function. although might not be as sophisticated as RC's one, it works well and does wonders.

at the bottom left hand there is an "enter keywords" box and a search topic button next to it. type whatever you want in it and it will pull out the search from that particular thread. not sure how effective it is against sentences or phrases. but one worded searches does wonders for me.

• SRC Member
there is already a "search this thread" function. although might not be as sophisticated as RC's one, it works well and does wonders.

at the bottom left hand there is an "enter keywords" box and a search topic button next to it. type whatever you want in it and it will pull out the search from that particular thread. not sure how effective it is against sentences or phrases. but one worded searches does wonders for me.

i only use the search function for one worded searches..

anything more than one word, i dont think it has ever given me the results i want..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft: