Newbie needs help on sh keeping

• SRC Member
hi guys, my sea horse keeps on staying on top and don't wan tto go down of the tank. anyone know the reasons why? plus it is not feeding frozen mysis from previous owner. =/

wants to know anyone who stays in teh west know where to get frozen mysis for my SH.

thanks all, appreciate.

is the current too strong for the sh? the previous owner how he feeds the sh? disperse to the water columns? or bowl feeding method?

the tank setup not very suitable for sh.... too many rocks imo.... not much hitching post....

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

is the current too strong for the sh? the previous owner how he feeds the sh? disperse to the water columns? or bowl feeding method?

the tank setup not very suitable for sh.... too many rocks imo.... not much hitching post....

hi tks for the response/ current not strong i dun use wave maker. the previou owner gave frozen mysis in bowl. can't seem to find frozen mysis in my area(bukit batok) maybe u can advice? roger./ will take out the rocks immediately. will set up some hitching post too.

thanks bro. pls advice further

• SRC Member
hi tks for the response/ current not strong i dun use wave maker. the previou owner gave frozen mysis in bowl. can't seem to find frozen mysis in my area(bukit batok) maybe u can advice? roger./ will take out the rocks immediately. will set up some hitching post too.

okie, u can leave most rocks... but make it simple... dun do it with many "holes" cos i ever experience... sh went in .... nvr come out..... only to find them ganna stuck ,died........

north side here, u can find frozen mysis at yishun blk 934-aquastar....5-10 mins walk from yishun mrt..... if not be serangoon north ave 2 ..petmart.

see if u damsel or clown are disturbing the sh not?

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

okie, u can leave most rocks... but make it simple... dun do it with many "holes" cos i ever experience... sh went in .... nvr come out..... only to find them ganna stuck ,died........

north side here, u can find frozen mysis at yishun blk 934-aquastar....5-10 mins walk from yishun mrt..... if not be serangoon north ave 2 ..petmart.

see if u damsel or clown are disturbing the sh not?

nope the clowns are nt distubring. thks bro. manage to get some mysis. add some elements in there for the sh. (: thks for the advice. anything else that i should take note of? thks (:

• SRC Member

You can go to CCK. There is a freshwater fish shop near the Warren condo that sells frozen mysis shrimp. It's at blk 307 or somewhere near there.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
as attached

hey bro, not sure what brand u using...... but i think not done correctly..... and the micro bubbles "free" in the tank will cause the Sh to have Gas Bubble Diesease :eyeblur: