Sign in to follow this  
fooyl

This is Unacceptable and happened at our NLB

Bino, imagine if you have mentioned "Instead of killing corals, I am actually growing them." :upsidedown:

Quote from a famous government agency that shalt not be named: "Huh? Corals can grow one meh?"

it was reported in the Straits Times if i remembered correctly...

Aiyah! Forgot to add one killer line in the email I sent: If this is a graded project I hope the students responsible FAIL it, as they have clearly shown that they have absolutely no knowledge on the subject.

BTW FuEl, you stay the closest to that NLB branch right? Maybe you can be the on site MASS correspondent hahaha.

Thanks guys for the support.

I will visit NLB tonight again. If you guys can go and see, I don't think they can remove the tank today.

Cheers for all the supporter of Marine Life!!!

YL

Thanks guys for the support.

I will visit NLB tonight again. If you guys can go and see, I don't think they can remove the tank today.

Cheers for all the supporter of Marine Life!!!

YL

this is the library besides parkway parade? Which level?

this is the library besides parkway parade? Which level?

Not exactly beside parkway parade, but pretty close, along the road. Should be first level lobby.

It's opposite Tao Nan Primary School.

Hi guys,

Just to update, SPCA dropped a comment on the Facebook's wall and request me to contact them. I called this morning and they said they are sending their people down to investigate.

http://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore

Cheers!!

• Like 1

nice nice nice. poor VJC students will never know what hit them. FOOLS probably having recess now laughing laughing. "aiyah don't care about our marine project lah. Project nia, 10%. why so stress?"

boom.

Hi guys,

Just to update, SPCA dropped a comment on the Facebook's wall and request me to contact them. I called this morning and they said they are sending their people down to investigate.

http://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore

Cheers!!

O great!... :)

if a public organisation wants to let the public learn about marine biology or watever biology, it is common sense they ensured that the set-up is either done professionally or the institution responsible for the project has proper guidance....and not suka suka just do for the sake of doing it...

Want to do, do a good one...since our garmen thru NS have been emphasizing this...they should lead by example...

Kudos to you for your zest to pursue this matter...most of us including myself may not be bothered..haha..

After this incident, awareness will build up and hopefully will attract more people to reef and reef in a responsible way!

yea kudos to TS. :bow:

Imagine working in the public service, it's a Friday: the slackest day of the week. You plan to shut off your mind after lunch and daydream for the rest of the work day at your desk, planning for the weekend. Suddenly something appears in your inbox....... Super sian :wacko:

Case 00388494 : Unacceptable "Marine Biology" display at Marine Parade Public Library

Dear Mr Bino

Thank you for your feedback.

We share your concerns with your observation on the Marine Biology display at our Marine Parade Public Library (MPPL). Thank you for highlighting this to our attention and please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you experienced during your recent visit to MPPL.

We are liasing with the Branch Manager of MPPL and Victoria Junior College on this matter, and we will revert to you soon.

Yours sincerely

Yip Wai Kuan (Ms)

Quality Service Management

National Library Board

Got case ID siol.. :D 388494

can call them on monday for update :D

Imagine working in the public service, it's a Friday: the slackest day of the week. You plan to shut off your mind after lunch and daydream for the rest of the work day at your desk, planning for the weekend. Suddenly something appears in your inbox....... Super sian :wacko:

Case 00388494 : Unacceptable "Marine Biology" display at Marine Parade Public Library

Dear Mr Bino

Thank you for your feedback.

We share your concerns with your observation on the Marine Biology display at our Marine Parade Public Library (MPPL). Thank you for highlighting this to our attention and please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you experienced during your recent visit to MPPL.

We are liasing with the Branch Manager of MPPL and Victoria Junior College on this matter, and we will revert to you soon.

Yours sincerely

Yip Wai Kuan (Ms)

National Library Board

most likely the anticipated reply from VJC will be our school have very limited budget and hence, we can only provide the basic equipments to run this project...standard one...i tell u...

most likely the anticipated reply from VJC will be our school have very limited budget and hence, we can only provide the basic equipments to run this project...standard one...i tell u...

then tell them cut cost for canteen food. feed the students beans and rice. more nutritious and can survive also.

due to limited budget, we can only provide the basic peasent food to keep the students alive.

Waiting to see if new paper picks up on the story. They seem to like this kind of stories, especially for Monday's edition which is usually a slow news day.

basic equipment..

go iwarna buy top up water $1 change everyday, this kind of thing wont happen. [ so cheap ]

might be caused by coral which caused the water to be milky.

this is caused by irresponsible student :angry2:

shoot them back if they dare to give that retarded excuse about limited budget. no budget then don't be so ambitious lah. don't freakin bite off more than what you can bloody chew.

Nothing to do with budget, simple tanks like the one set up in the NLB can be done with limited funds. If they had read up on marine aquarium keeping before even setting up a tank, they could have even got by with a cheap air-stone skimmer and basic understanding of biological filtration and basic husbandry practices.

Side note....

Yours sincerely

Yip Wai Kuan (Ms)

National Library Board

Something is wrong with the quality of english by Ms Yip. Heard that they hired honours grads for the NLB staffs.

I wonder how will spca handle this matter...

Nothing to do with budget, simple tanks like the one set up in the NLB can be done with limited funds. If they had read up on marine aquarium keeping before even setting up a tank, they could have even got by with a cheap air-stone skimmer and basic understanding of biological filtration and basic husbandry practices.

then they will tell u..the project is only meant for a week n if our school purchase these equipments, we will not know wat to do with them after the project has completed and we do not wish to waste school committee funds on these equipments for a one week project. then the teacher will tell u, based on our initial research...as this project is only meant for a week, we were told there's no need for skimmer and so long there is a pump to supply oxygen will do...we appreciate the concern of the public and we will remove the tank and return release the livestocks...but [email protected]#!!%@%!! get a life! and we'll talk behind if you are not happy...up your [email protected]!!#

I just believe they never go into research before setting up the tank.. A simple tank can be setup with less than $100... And doing doing regular water change..

Side note....

Sorry bro, off topic but what's wrong with the word? As much as I like to bash the public service, I don't see anything wrong with the usage of the word here.

Sorry bro, off topic but what's wrong with the word? As much as I like to bash the public service, I don't see anything wrong with the usage of the word here.

wat word u referring to? that is a std civil svc word...

for those who r CS...they can tell u there is a civil service way of writing emails..

wat word u referring to?

Edited to add in the quote haha paiseh. Revert means to come back. In that context, if you replace the word it says "we will come back to you soon."

Sounds correct to me. Sorry for the OT :P

Edited to add in the quote haha paiseh. Revert means to come back. In that context, if you replace the word it says "we will come back to you soon."

Sounds correct to me. Sorry for the OT :P

dun bash the public svc lah...they r very efficient already and even bother to reply to u...a few times i sent email to AM, no reply at all...look at the bigger picture...