Sign in to follow this  
fooyl

This is Unacceptable and happened at our NLB

Hi guys,

I am happy to know that the suffering livestock are "safely relocated to a 3 footer, a mature system with skimmer, phosphate reactor and algae filtration and are recovering well". VJC engaged a LFS to take care of them. Well done.

I think our efforts pay up. Thanks guys!!

Thanks jackywonto for the statement. I cannot satisfy all but follow what I feel the best.

I think we let this incident stays here in this forum and be a reminded to all.

I propose this threat to be closed. Any objections?

Thanks to all.

Thanks RD for allowing me to post this message which got shut out at the exact same moment the thread closed! :D

Message below:

imo, I think we have gone far enough and agree with you.

for them its very serious bcos its displayed in public. if we look into detail we have seen marine aquariums that are even worst in offices,homes, lfs and even events but no 1 had brought attention to. hope everyone will learn from this matter.

Hi RD, I agree that we have come to a resolution and we as a community have pursued this far enough and got what we want (draw attention to the incident, explanation from relevant parties, actions taken).

However I disagree with your second statement, you seem to imply that there are worse offenders out there so there is no point with this public show of outrage at the NLB-VJC display (correct me if I am wrong :P). What other hobbyists do to the aquariums in the privacy of their own home and office, we as the public are unable to do anything about it unless laws are broken.

This incident took place in a library, a place of learning, and the thing they were trying to teach was "Marine Biology" in a "Marine Organisms" exhibition. What actually happened here is an how an effort by 2 parties to educate the public set a bad example by not having done proper research and letting the livestock perish unnecessarily. Or at least, that's what upset me.

As far as enraged internet mobs go, I think we have done well for the fact that the issue was resolved quickly and amicably. More importantly, we did not do a "hit and run" where we just kick up a big commotion then disappear after spamming them with angry emails, unlike other anonymous internet communities :eyebrow:. Everything do swee swee one okay, got head got tail.. You start a fire, you put it out... hur hur hur...