Captive Breeding News

Terryz_

• SRC Member

The recent colini and regal is a very good example... Eating but still die... <_< <_< <_<

:cry::pinch:

Eating doesn't mean will survive.Sometime they eat due to hunger but if monitor n notice for a period of time we do find them eating like normal but just dun c them gaining weight (as in still very skinny).

They just dun gain nutrients in a way or i should say majority r due to stress.

Coz i strongly believe in happy fish.Even if they dun get to eat much so long dun stress they still as lively as wild specimen. :)

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

more cute captive bred baby fishes! mandarins are so darn adorable.

These mandarin r really freaking cute!

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Eating doesn't mean will survive.Sometime they eat due to hunger but if monitor n notice for a period of time we do find them eating like normal but just dun c them gaining weight (as in still very skinny).

They just dun gain nutrients in a way or i should say majority r due to stress.

Coz i strongly believe in happy fish.Even if they dun get to eat much so long dun stress they still as lively as wild specimen. :)

LOL, true but the thing is for colini and regal and finicky eater, the first step is to get them to eat becos they dun eat... Once eating, you have a higher percentage, but it is down to luck for later part... Because they will died for no reason even though feeding normally and fighting for food..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

LOL, true but the thing is for colini and regal and finicky eater, the first step is to get them to eat becos they dun eat... Once eating, you have a higher percentage, but it is down to luck for later part... Because they will died for no reason even though feeding normally and fighting for food..

Quite true la. But then again i feel that everything died for a reason.

As for at time we dunno y they die,i would say can only blame we ourself for not getting enough info on how to keep them.(lack of info)

In another words if were to be kept by professional or researcher i believe they will survive.If they also cannot keep them alive then i would say ya they die for no reason. :)

Sometimes, it might something internal that we cannot see thats why we term it as no reason... Even experienced reefer with extensive knowledge, will have difficulty keeping these angels esp deepwater species... They can be kept alive, just that they are very susceptible to a lot of other problems...

Maybe for researchers, they might cut the body open and see and diagnose the reason for its death...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Wow... Cut open body ah?

But understand la. At times sacrifice need to be made in order for the next generation to have a better life.