Articles for Beginners

• SRC Member

I came across this website which I think will help a lot of newbie like me.

I have yet finish all the links but I would like to share it here.

• Like 2

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

This website has different kind of calculators that might come in handy.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

I came across this website which I think will help a lot of newbie like me.

I have yet finish all the links but I would like to share it here.

i browse thru 2 articles. easy to read. simple and precise.

nice website bro. thanks for sharing ! thumbsup.gif

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

i browse thru 2 articles. easy to read. simple and precise.

nice website bro. thanks for sharing ! thumbsup.gif

I am still pretty busy reading.... lol....friends.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

I was trying to find out coral's feeding habit and I came across this series of articles.

Part 1: Corals Need More Than a Lot of Light

Part 2 Corals Are Pretty Selective Feeders

Part 3 When Do Corals Eat?

Part 4 Corals Need More Than a Lot of Light

Not very comprehensive, but at least it give a very basic understanding of Corals Feeding.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I was trying to find out coral's feeding habit and I came across this series of articles.

Part 1: Corals Need More Than a Lot of Light

Part 2 Corals Are Pretty Selective Feeders

Part 3 When Do Corals Eat?

Part 4 Corals Need More Than a Lot of Light

Not very comprehensive, but at least it give a very basic understanding of Corals Feeding.

Thanks for the info

• 2 months later...

Hi I'm a newbies to reef club, I do read the interesting and useful post . Just started running my tank yesterday . Still struggling a bit on the measurement and the equipment . Thks to you all guys, have been very helpful. Hope to seek more advise from you all. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all my new friends Iam also a newbies I started my tank about 6 months ago and need to learn alot from you guys

Presenlyt I have two hammer corals 2 brain corals and finger ,mushroom and also bubble

I already have problem on the happers They tend to shrink after few weeks One was dead and the relpacement also shrinked after awhile THe other corals are OK I need advise from my fellow members

Thanks

Hi all my new friends Iam also a newbies I started my tank about 6 months ago and need to learn alot from you guys Presenlyt I have two hammer corals 2 brain corals and finger ,mushroom and also bubble I already have problem on the happers They tend to shrink after few weeks One was dead and the relpacement also shrinked after awhile THe other corals are OK I need advise from my fellow members Thanks
What the temperature of yr tank.

Hi Friends

Leng here again

I have the following info

Measurement taken to day 31 May 2014

Water temp 27 deg C

Hydrometer 1.021

Mg 0.68ml

KH 0.50

Ca greater than i.0

Tank size 126.18 litres

Light Maxspect R420R 120 watt LED