28g Nano Setup - some questions

Hi all,

After few months of reading I finally took the plunge and ordered my tank, I searched the island to find a good LFS and thought I found a good guy. Tank + setup was good price little over other LFS but he offered me a free run on stocking it.

Opted for the JBJ 28g CF quad, Tech T5 chiller (I think, needing in Singapore as its always hot here). Unit was delivered with Cured LR and sand & water from one of his setup tanks. Was told that is how he always setup up his tanks. Anyway 1.5 weeks went by all seemed to be looking good and he turns up with the first delivery

1)Clavalria sp

2)Pachydavularia sp

3)Alcyonium sp

4)Sarcophyton

5)Nepthea

6)Zoanthids

7)Parazoonthus

8)Rhodactis

9)Fungia

10) Cavlastrea

This little lot was installed and has nearly filled my tank, must say was a bit concerned how everything was taken from Box to Tank with no time for them to get adjusted.

Done lot more reading (wife away and lots of free time), currently looking at getting a Media basket form one of the guys or a different forum that makes them, or if anyone knows where I can get in Sin please let me know. planing to chemi-pure - Cheato - fliter floss - Nano Light.

Decided I want to ad a skimmer as i think the number of fish i want will be the upper limit of the tank so ordered this today:

1 x AquaC Remora Hang-On Protein Skimmer with Maxijet 1200

1 x Maxi-Jet® 1200 Power Head

I also went a little bit crazy and order some tester kits and additives listed below:

PinPoint pH Monitor (went for electric over chemical as I think these two will be used a lot more)

PinPoint Salinity Monitor

ELOS Aqua Test No2

ELOS Aqua Test No3

ELOS Aqua Test Nh4

CSPlatinumReefSet1(3botsx1ltr)CS Platinum Reef Set (3bots ltr) Ca Stabilzer + Mg Stabilizer + Growth & Colour Booster

CS NitraClean 1

Lucky the wife is away or I'd be killed for all this ordering.

So on to my question/request for help. I was told to test every other day until I get 0 Nh4 & No2 then he was going to bring my fish, I requested the clean up crew come in first. Below is what I'm thinking of can anyone give some views on it, do i need more/less of anything?

Cleaner Shrimp (Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp) – please advise if you think we should have 1 or a pair

2x Blue Hermit Crab

2x scarlet leg hermit

3x Bumble Bee Snail

4x Astraea Snail

4x Cerith Snail

3x Nassarius Snail

Once there in and its all settled I will look to go for my fish, this is what I had in mind:

2 x Clownfish: True Precula

2x Cardinal fishes: Pajama

1x Firefish: Purple

1x Basslets: Blackcap

I would welcome any comments or feed back.

Thanks

Hmm the corals were added before the cycling is finished? ^^"

Abit risky IMHO even if you started with cure LR, sand and water. Some of them probably can tolerate abit of "abuse" but that does not mean we should feel free to do it :P

Chemi-pure.. i think RD should have.. Cheato...probably can see any kind hearted bros here can spare you some. Nano-lights...You might want to read up about more on light requirements and what is best for your photosynthetic corals to know specifically what you need

Happy reefing!

Hmm the corals were added before the cycling is finished? ^^"

Abit risky IMHO even if you started with cure LR, sand and water. Some of them probably can tolerate abit of "abuse" but that does not mean we should feel free to do it :P

Chemi-pure.. i think RD should have.. Cheato...probably can see any kind hearted bros here can spare you some. Nano-lights...You might want to read up about more on light requirements and what is best for your photosynthetic corals to know specifically what you need

Happy reefing!

I know Corals so soon shocked me too.... The Nano light I was going to use for the Cheato in the back. I'll ask the question about the cheato once I feel I've contributed to the board a little bit more.

Any thought on the numbers for snails and other inverts?

• SRC Member

Do not doubt the LFS for now. If he did anything wrong up till now, most if not all the corals should have shown sign of stress or dead already.

Start a tank thread with pix and we will make sure nothing is amiss...

As for snails and inverts... you do not need that much in the beginning since you have no LS, you might starve and kill them.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.