<PBO> Algae Scrubber - 12" - 1 FT length

chris21

Thanks enseng, noted will highlight it when we BO the scrubber.

Mike if you want to see one that is running you'll have to ask bro Goondoo or Bro Stevenkoh. Your sump size i believe its 4ft length and 2ft wide?

2ft scubber is the ideal size that was designed by Santa Monica () if you want it bigger it's still feasible but you'll have to consider the pump size, lights and screen size. In this thread there are many DIY scrubber but with this design its enclosed therefore it looks neater.

You'll need to supply your own pipes, screen, lights and pump.

Nope you're not too late for BO. So far we're still gathering orders for BO

Thanks Bro Eniram, I've already contacted Bro Steven to view over the weekend. Yes My sump is 4 ft length and 2 ft wide.

Roger on the other parts, hope the Aquazonic lights can still be purchased. Just also wondering what's the running cost of 1 unit i.e pump + lights per month. Monthly electrical bill already quite high...

If the other parts can easily be bought outside, then yes, I'd like to join the BO for a 2' unit.

Thanks! :ThanxSmiley:

Mike

Yes the lights are still available in the market as for pipes, screen and pumps Yes they are readily available. If need to i can tell you where to get these items.

Cost of running the scrubber? didn't calculate, there are ways to reduce running cost. Some reefer linked the outflow pipe with the scrubber pipes therefore reducing the need for a pump.

Lights we're using T5 tubes so its already a cost saver.

No problem will wait for your reply then

Bro Eniram,

I viewed bro Steven's ATS today and decided that I need something bigger in a seperate system made of glass instead of acrylic to tap natural sunlight.

Bro Steven had given me some pointers to show me the way :ThanxSmiley:

Therefore, I will give this BO a miss. :paiseh: Thanks for the info provided by all the bros.

Cheers,

Mike

BO Confirmed list

Eniram 2ft

fatbike 1ft (KK 1ft should be the ideal screen size to meet your 2ft cube requirements)

Weesy74

snowy85

cheers

Any more BO for the ATS?

No problem mike, looking forward to see your natural sunlight powered ATS

Bro Eniram,

I have submitted the design to a tank maker and waiting for quote. Once its done up and running will definitely invite you to view. B)

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry KK and everyone who were interested in the ATS. Will drop a pm to chris to tell him that there are at least 5 confirm orders. Sorry for the inconveince caused

Sorry KK and everyone who were interested in the ATS. Will drop a pm to chris to tell him that there are at least 5 confirm orders. Sorry for the inconveince caused

Thank you:). No inconvenience to me cause i only join the BO 2 months after the thread was started. Lol!!!!

Thank you:). No inconvenience to me cause i only join the BO 2 months after the thread was started. Lol!!!!

Thanks ah bro rub salt into wound...hahaha Ok will chase for the ATS BO. Don't thank me i'm just lending a helping hand.

• SRC Member

Hi,

I have also PM Chris few day back to do a 2ft.

Currently I have already DIY one myself so hope it works.

BTW, anyone knows the height of the Scrubber?

Cause not sure if it will be able to fit into my cabinet.

iVirus

Hi bro Eniram,

Please check again as i have replied to you twice to include me in your BO list. Please confirm if i am included in your BO list.

If have'nt then please do kindly include me in your BO list for 2 units of 2 feet Scrubber with 50 mm diameter outlet down flow hole.

Thanks alot.

Hi bro Eniram,

Please check again as i have replied to you twice to include me in your BO list. Please confirm if i am included in your BO list.

If have'nt then please do kindly include me in your BO list for 2 units of 2 feet Scrubber with 50 mm diameter outlet down flow hole.

Thanks alot.

Ok noted