Mushroom Coral detached!

samuel88

i woke up this morning and i found my mushroom coral detached and landed on one of the rocks near by, i tot it was in trouble at first, but i looked it up and most people said it was fine.

so i took the oppurtunity to slice it up into 3 pieces muahahahahaha. :evil:

but anyway i'll post updates here, and does anyone think i shuda let it be instead?

that's normal for mushroom...it must be due to the strong flow blowing at it that cause it to detach...i have a lot of "flying" mushroom in my tank.

they will settle down and attach to the rock at one time...they multiplying very fast...now is everywhere at my tank haha

that's normal for mushroom...it must be due to the strong flow blowing at it that cause it to detach...i have a lot of "flying" mushroom in my tank.

they will settle down and attach to the rock at one time...they multiplying very fast...now is everywhere at my tank haha

Wow that's cool I hope mine wud do that too, then it'd be a real worthwhile purchase

• SRC Member

i woke up this morning and i found my mushroom coral detached and landed on one of the rocks near by, i tot it was in trouble at first, but i looked it up and most people said it was fine.

so i took the oppurtunity to slice it up into 3 pieces muahahahahaha. :evil:

but anyway i'll post updates here, and does anyone think i shuda let it be instead?

There's various reasons why they detach but the worrying ones could be:

They don't like your tank environment.

They don't like where you place them.

They are getting too much flow.

find out what's causing them to float off will help you solve the problem.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Red mushies don't like my office tank. They shrink, float away, then dissolved, poof!

Being a BB tank, I guess there's no place to take root once they're washed to the bottom.

On the other hand, hairy mushrooms seems to be quite happy in my tank. They're multiplying in numbers. :lol: