Cedric's Simple Cube Mini 80

Cedric

• SRC Member

Hi Cedric,

Can I find out from you if you get salt sprays or sticky floor in front of the tank due to the blowing fans?

Hi tunicate, nope, not at all! And the water temp stays very constant and cool at 26 degrees celcius! :thumbsup:

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

BTW, is the tank in an air-con room?

Hi tunicates,

The tank is in the living room without any aircon. I suppose it's the low wattage of all the equipment that helps to keep the temp low. :thumbsup:

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

Wow 10 YEARS maroon clowns! WOW!!!! You really have an attachment to those fish... :P Actually I have an attachment to my tomato clown also.... had him for 3 years already.. no heart to give him away... unless to a tank big enough to tah han his aggressiveness.... but I have put him in the sump as he is terrorising all the rest of the fish in the display .... so now he is the king of the sump. I am hoping to somehow be able to get the anamone out of the main tank and put it in the sump for him to host in.. .... I dont know how but one day i"m gonna have to try or get ANOTHER anamonea and put in the sump for him... :P

anyway.. beautiful setup cedric. :) nice and neat.. i like.. keep us posted !!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Thanks tunicate and MadkenZ. :paiseh: I cannot take the credit here. Technology has evolved and made things a whole lot easier since I took up this hobby more than 10 years ago. I have an Aquabee 2000 return pump using 18 watts, atman ph1100 skimmer pump in my Bubble-Magus 3.5 using 8 watts, so, a total of 26 watts that is heating up the water. Thanks to LED technology for the Maxspect lighting the tank and the PAR LED for lighting the refugium, water doesn't heat up compared to metal halide. Even for wave makers, thanks to magnetic coupling used by Vortech, there is little or no heat transfer into the water and yet we get tremendous water movement.

So thanks to technology, lots of reading up and breaking a few piggy banks, it is now possible to avoid using the chiller. I guess there is a compromise, and that is having a huge evaporation rate. I lose about 1 litre of water a day so I make use of that opportunity to use kalk for make-up water.

:cheers:

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

Wow 10 YEARS maroon clowns! WOW!!!! You really have an attachment to those fish... :P Actually I have an attachment to my tomato clown also.... had him for 3 years already.. no heart to give him away... unless to a tank big enough to tah han his aggressiveness.... but I have put him in the sump as he is terrorising all the rest of the fish in the display .... so now he is the king of the sump. I am hoping to somehow be able to get the anamone out of the main tank and put it in the sump for him to host in.. .... I dont know how but one day i"m gonna have to try or get ANOTHER anamonea and put in the sump for him... :P

anyway.. beautiful setup cedric. :) nice and neat.. i like.. keep us posted !!

Thanks desideria! I've known Tomato and Ketchup longer than I've known my wife! Shhssshhh . . .

Tomato clown has a great character but they can be quite a bully. Perhaps you can setup a nano just for your tomato clown? Does he have a name? :friends:

Comments are welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi bro cedric, im planning to get a nano tank, there are some advised that i may need ur help:

1) is ur skimmer giving u mirco bubbles problem to ur main tank?

2) ur not using any chiller right, wat is the room temp in ur house and are u using any fan? if ur using fan, wat is the top up rate?

3) is it necessary to use a wavemaker? if the return pump is strong enough, can the wave be diverted instead?

4) for water parameter, are u using solution A & B? or wat other solution are u using?

Thank u in advance, ur advised is much appriciated.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi Javier,

apologies for my late reply, did not notice your post till now! Let me try and answer your question as best as I can.

1) is ur skimmer giving u mirco bubbles problem to ur main tank?

Ans: Nope, none at all! I have a foam that catches all the micro bubbles between the skimmer compartment and the last compartment where the return pump is.

2) ur not using any chiller right, wat is the room temp in ur house and are u using any fan? if ur using fan, wat is the top up rate?

Ans: Room temp? Er . . . No idea, but the tank sits in my living room and it isn't that hot. Yes, I have two DC fans blowing at the surface of the tank. I need to top up around 2 litres a day!

3) is it necessary to use a wavemaker? if the return pump is strong enough, can the wave be diverted instead?

Ans: I am using the AB2000 and it doesn't make much of a wave, I can barely see it move amy corals. So to cut the long story short, yes, definitely need a wavemaker!

4) for water parameter, are u using solution A & B? or wat other solution are u using?

Ans: I just do regular water change, one large pail every 2 weeks. I do top up with the TOP UP from IWARNA, I go through one bottle a week!

I hope that answers your questions! :peace:

Comments are welcome!