Success of Biohomme??

Morpheous

• SRC Member

I used to have quite high nitrate reading despite using biohomme.

Eversince overhauling my system and increase my flowrate, nitrate level seems to be within control.

Some website also states that this product needs quite signifcant flow to have better denitrification results.

Not sure if it is due to my overhaul but anyone using the above mentioned product have comments for it??

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member

I am using it in place of live rock. I do not have a single live rock except for the ones that came attached to corals. All I am using is fake live rock from GO. I have a few kg of Biohome plus in the 1st compartment of my sump. Been using this for nearly 2 years and the tank looks ok to me. My tank is a 422 with a 3ft sump.

I haven't used this product. But I think its also because of your tank is aging. From what I've researched, as the tank matures, nitrate level also goes down to controllable level. One marine aquarium scientist, even consider this to be the ULTIMATE SIGN of aquarium maturity, if you are not doing any fancy nitrate filtration. He mentioned it could take a year or two to achieve this. I believe this is true to any good-bacteria housing media you have, may it be live rock, live sand, biohome, etc

• SRC Member

Well the overhaul defintely clear alot of waste... I wonder if anyone will take their bet to use purely this product, without nitrate exporter like chaeto or denitrator.

Best Regards,

Morpheous

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member

Well the overhaul defintely clear alot of waste... I wonder if anyone will take their bet to use purely this product, without nitrate exporter like chaeto or denitrator.

Doing it right now with no nitrate exporter like chaeto and denitrator. I do have a carbon reactor only.

I am also using purely this product, without nitrate exporter like chaeto or denitrator. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Use only one bag . i dump it in the first compartment with LR and two tother bags of small size porous media and left it there. I read somewhere from the box before need to have some good flowrate for it to work more effectively. Anyway directly above are my two filter socks from my overflow pipes and it works just fine. Nitrate at low level.