Red Slime Alge Gone

yes, i agree amox does not solve the root of the problem...similarly, if one is using ultralife red slime remover or goodbye po4. but if the red slime problem keeps persisting, i think this method is good...bcoz red slime grows very fast...and the moh moh will ruin your tank if they start to appear on the live rocks and choke yr corals...

at least now when i reach home, i dun c these pesky red ang mohs...it affects my reefing morale...n my sea hare only eats green plankton algae...not these cyano bacteria.

Lacl3 (ingredient use for goodbye po4) is good to keep po4 checked...but will not remove cyanobacteria...n too frequent dosing will affect the oxygen levels in your tank....thats the reason why, u need to have strong flow when using this...to keep the oxygen level in yr tank going...otherwise, u will c yr fishes breathing heavily n next thing, kaput!....this is wat happened to my six line.

Hi bro,

It's time to try TLF's "Bactiv8 NPX" heterotrophic bacteria after the amox liao :lol: :lol: :lol: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Just an update, the goodbye p04 seems to be stressing out my carpet anemone right from the first dose... Might be stopping it soon.. And as for amox, already into my 3rd dose and rsa still around.. Though its showing signs of dissolving away...lets just hope it works. And btw, can i just confirm, i'm practising water changes daily now in very small amount, like 2 cups a day,does this promote high nutrient thus...promote algae growth? Or is it a good thing to do? Coz i'm getting some green algae too

The Best Way Is To Keep It Simple.

• SRC Member

Just an update, the goodbye p04 seems to be stressing out my carpet anemone right from the first dose... Might be stopping it soon.. And as for amox, already into my 3rd dose and rsa still around.. Though its showing signs of dissolving away...lets just hope it works. And btw, can i just confirm, i'm practising water changes daily now in very small amount, like 2 cups a day,does this promote high nutrient thus...promote algae growth? Or is it a good thing to do? Coz i'm getting some green algae too

l7304smr.jpg

bro, from wat i know, goodbye po4 is meant to reduce the growth of plankton green algae. Yes, this chemical dosage does have an effect on carpet anemone...they dun really like it..bcoz the precipitate substances from the reaction will stick onto them...that's y, they will start to curve up or something...

u may want to try rowa crystal...its liquid GFO and does not affect yr anemone or corals. Quite effective to bring down po levels.

Amox takes a day or 2 to work. So far, it has work for me to get rid of red slime.

btw, how big is your tank?

I wonder too why bro reckless need to dose 3x :heh: . I guess may be his tank is 5ft and above :evil: or the amox is already expired liao lol :yahoo: !

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

I wonder too why bro reckless need to dose 3x :heh: . I guess may be his tank is 5ft and above :evil: or the amox is already expired liao lol :yahoo: !

maybe he did not remove the plastic...lol!...i dun know...or he swallow the tablets and look at his tank...ok ok....i'm teasing....(lame, i know)

l7304smr.jpg

Heeheehee! U all arh! Haha.... I popped 1 capsule per night into the tank lah...so far minimal effect...and yes i did remove the plastic casing hor!hehe! My tank only 2ft by 1ft by 1ft only... Not sooo wow wow like some bros here la... Anyways i checked out my tank this morning before heading to work.. Things looking good. Hopefully wasnt my sleepy eyes playing tricks on me!

• SRC Member

Heeheehee! U all arh! Haha.... I popped 1 capsule per night into the tank lah...so far minimal effect...and yes i did remove the plastic casing hor!hehe! My tank only 2ft by 1ft by 1ft only... Not sooo wow wow like some bros here la... Anyways i checked out my tank this morning before heading to work.. Things looking good. Hopefully wasnt my sleepy eyes playing tricks on me!

ya lah...must be some mermaid dancing in front of u with red hair

l7304smr.jpg

For my 3x2x2ft, 1 capsule settle liao. 3 doses may be too much for you liao so better monitor closely :whistle !

For my 3x2x2ft, 1 capsule settle liao. 3 doses may be too much for you liao so better monitor closely :whistle !

I havent been dosing anymore yet the algae still around....but left with half of wad use to be la....hmmmm... hopefully the rest will disappear soon. wah if mermaid i happy!!! then i can sell to bros at Pasar Malam Corner. heehee!

Like that also can???????

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

hi. bro. beside getting from doc. any pharmacy can get... :ThanxSmiley:

No you can't unless you have doctor prescription letter/note.

bro. just see doc and ask for it.at first i say for fish. he refuse to give it to me. at last i say for myself . he say ok :yahoo:

will they have any side effect on my anemone? :ThanxSmiley:

My Mini carpet anemone has no side effect after dosed :evil: !