Weekly LFS & Shipment Updates - 11th to 17th Jul 2011

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any peppermint shrimps sighted?

Hi, Philip, Try CF.. Saw plenty there yesterday... I think ML shld have some left..Was there justnow but didn't pay attention to p.shrimp, intuitively like saw them.. May call to confirm. & Not sure LCK or Iwarna still got stock?

Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Lck has plenty but as of yesterday.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

How much is the peppermint shrimp? Thanks.

Shld be range from $15-20 or some shop selling 3 for 4red...

Can refer below link for price guide...

Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Should be 15 to 18. . .

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

life is full of temptations....

starkii damsels (3 reds) and philippines half-moons (abt 4 reds)- available between 1 inch to 2.5inches - at sealife. another name is purple moon.

n some cute cheeky looking rusty angels that look into your eyes n calls out to u to bring them home

l7304smr.jpg

Saw Venustus Angel at Bac earlier and also 2 nice mulitbar angels at CF (take note one piece is breathing rapidly thus pick the correct piece!). Lots of peppermint shrimps in LCK and some in CF

Randali shrimps and some form of snapping shrimp in CF also.

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer

Not much ppl notice the springer's damsel at ml? Amazing how such a fish is so under appreciated.

Thats the beautiful C. cf. Springeri.

M3 brought in before. ML has some very beautiful ones and they are so cheap and affordable.

Unfortunately our local reefers don't care about unique/ rare fishes even if they come cheap. Everyone only wants flame Angela and blue tangs

M3 brought in before. ML has some very beautiful ones and they are so cheap and affordable.

Unfortunately our local reefers don't care about unique/ rare fishes even if they come cheap. Everyone only wants flame Angela and blue tangs

Hmmm i feel it really depend on what is the interest. Most of the local reefers are more into coral, so it LFS bring in unique or rare coral, a lot will be going after it if budget allow. Fishes at most is only to make the tank more lively so one will rather go for common, nice and easier fish then to go for unique/rare fishes which might be difficult to keep or some that might pose a threat to the coral. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

I believe appreciation comes through exposure and sharing or even making aware of such fishes like what bro Fuel did.

Cant appreciate something that we are not even aware of in the first place and since fishes like flame angel and blue tangs are widely discussed about with beautiful pictures, it's only natural for hobbyist to lean towards them.

And appreciation is a rather normative and subjective matter, some may appreciate fishes based on their monetary value which usually is tied to demand and supply (an indication of what the markets like) or some of us may appreciate the colours (like some wrasses) or behavior (like jawfishes) or even simply based on its shape! (like my wife likes fat round fishes)

I have to confess i have never heard of this damsel before :)

but some searches from the web did bring up some information and pictures of it :)

chrysiptera-springeri-3.jpg from reefbuilders :)

There is also a write up about it found here

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/19/chrysiptera-springer/

http://www.freshmarine.com/springer-damsel.html

You may start to appreciate this fish, but it's always good to read up a bit more about the fish before purchasing it :)

apologies for the off-topic :)

I believe appreciation comes through exposure and sharing or even making aware of such fishes like what bro Fuel did.

Cant appreciate something that we are not even aware of in the first place and since fishes like flame angel and blue tangs are widely discussed about with beautiful pictures, it's only natural for hobbyist to lean towards them.

And appreciation is a rather normative and subjective matter, some may appreciate fishes based on their monetary value which usually is tied to demand and supply (an indication of what the markets like) or some of us may appreciate the colours (like some wrasses) or behavior (like jawfishes) or even simply based on its shape! (like my wife likes fat round fishes)

I have to confess i have never heard of this damsel before :)

but some searches from the web did bring up some information and pictures of it :)

chrysiptera-springeri-3.jpg from reefbuilders :)

There is also a write up about it found here

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/19/chrysiptera-springer/

http://www.freshmarine.com/springer-damsel.html

You may start to appreciate this fish, but it's always good to read up a bit more about the fish before purchasing it :)

apologies for the off-topic :)

I have both now... hehehe...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp