float switch

lauterbrunnen

Hi Folks,

I've just put in a sump in my system using the DIY PVC overflow pipe. Now I am a bit worried in case the overflow gets stuck and my return pump keeps on feeding water to main tank. Now I plan to put a fail safe using a float switch in the main tank to stop the pump in case reaches a certain level.

I've checked the float switch at Sim Lim and it's a whooping 60$. I've seen some threads that bought it at 18$ Can anyone point me to that place? :)

Online it's 6.99 USD - http://www.aquahub.com/cgi-aquahub/sb/order.cgi?rd=1&storeid=*126defa89c821c789641db&sbid=SSMSB1313463006.21384&redirect=yes

TIA.

• SRC Member

check out basement 1, sim lim tower

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

Have you considered installing a 2nd overflow? Then you have a backup path in case the 1st one is stuck.

nope. the first overflow is already eating up space in the tank :P i'll just use the float switch to turn off the pump as safety. actually so far the overflow is very stable. :thumbsup: