Upgraded Reef - 2ft to 3ft

Jimng

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
look at the mushies and yumas..... :yeah: very , very nice

Thanks for the compliment sis- :D , i took some of them out of the old tank to try to do some propagation, so the new tank gets less of them, but i hope to fill em up in the new tank again.. :lol:

• SRC Member

Thanks for the compliment sis- :D , i took some of them out of the old tank to try to do some propagation, so the new tank gets less of them, but i hope to fill em up in the new tank again.. :lol:

you're welcome bro. ..... I'm trying to do a wall of mushies as well together with some yumas if possible.... :D but your tank is really very nice....well done! :bow:

• SRC Member
very nice even when u have ur 2ft tank.. can give some specs for ur 3ft?

Thanks for the compliment bro, here are the specs:

Tank : 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (Juwel Tank)

Chiller : Teco (3/4 HP) - Set to 26DegC

Lights : 4x T5 24W

1 x Daylight (6000k)

2 x Aquaz Actinic Pro

1 x Aquaz Blue Pro

Lights on from 10am to 10pm

Taiwan Brand Calcium Reactor x1

Flow : 1 x Tunze Classic Wavemaker

Dose : Iodide

Strontium

Kalk

Sodium Bicarbonate

Also use Marc Weiss Products (In the new 3ft - not the old 2ft) - I strongly believe

it helps.... :D

• SRC Member

no worries.

u hv the same tank as i do. RIO 180? did u incorporate a overflow & sump? what skimmer r u using?

Yep, a Juwel -dont know the model though -3 ft, tempered galss - cannot drill, i got my overflow at the other side of the wall, where the main tank is in the downline of the flow. Quite hard to explain.... :P

I am using a no brand Skimmer currently, previously using a Tunze Skimmer in my 2ft, but have not incorporate it into the new tank yet....

• SRC Member
Hi,u using 2ft t5 for ur 3ft tank cos u mention 24w t5 X4?

Yep, u'r rite, 2ft T5 for my 3ft tank so the edge don't get a lot of lights, some decision to make then so you can see my sps are concentrated in the center zone and way up the tank..... ;)