Review on Coral Labs Beckett

triggerfish

• SRC Member

hi, many thanks to Cookie for being able to deliver this beckett well ahead of time especially when my tank was without any skimmer since the weekend after some maintenance, kinda lazy to put back everything after all the hard work.

anyway here it goes ..... pic 1 was taken after all installation work was completed. and must express gratitue to Cookie for great patience and neat work done. it was taken at about 2300 hrs yesterday.

• SRC Member

What's a beckett? skimmer? what it do? pls enlighten..... me kinda like Mountain Tortise! :P

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

very solid skimmate!!! Seems like you have a very very good skimmer there. ;)

What pump are you using to drive it? md55?

i believe he is using a Resun MD40. Awesome skimmate considering the pump he is using. :)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
very solid skimmate!!! Seems like you have a very very good skimmer there. ;)

What pump are you using to drive it? md55?

running on a md40 .... lucky a kind reefer PM me on a good deal from a LFS ....

honestly, was kinda sceptical about getting a resun and called up the Iwaki (S) to find out the iwaki MD40R ... was quoted $525!!!! madness ....

anyway, bought a resun at less than 1/5 of the price, kinda quiet so far and not too hot, can safely place my palm on it without any problem.

• SRC Member
the reaction chamber seems short,compared to the bottom box...

Thanks triggerfish for the nice review. I've been offline these few weeks due to heavy workload. I apologise if anyone pmed me and did not get any reply.

I'm not able to build as fast as the other DIYers here as I am quite busy with my own work. :bow:

Typrobin bro, the base was designed to be this big. However believe me, its not a short or small unit. This beckett is really big. Cylinder is 8inch. I had to design with a balance to using smaller pumps such as md40 and yet be able to take power pumps like the md 70 when upgraded. Hence the outlet I'm using is a 1.5inch Spears gate valve too.

Frankly speaking I was never a believer in beckett. I still prefer the energy efficient needlewheels. But when you see skimmate from a beckect, its hard not to be a convert.

Triggerfish the skimmate from the beckett powered just by a md 40 is quite impressive. Even if I say so myself. hehehe. :ph34r: But when you wish to upgrade in future, you will find the md 55 giving at least 3 times more skimmate and much much darker too. You can take a look at the skimmate at Pacific Aquatic shop hooked to their display tank at pasir ris L32D. They are using md55.

Once again thanks for the review.

• SRC Member
Triggerfish the skimmate from the beckett powered just by a md 40 is quite impressive. Even if I say so myself. hehehe.  :ph34r:

dun mention it cookie..... and yes, heard you saying that you were impressed with the performance of the md40 instead of 55 on that night when u came over with your friend to install.

anyway, been working for a week liao and all seems fine! thank you.