aquaz

milky

• SRC Member

hm....how come aquaz additives doesn't have a safety seal to the bottle?unlike other brands..

won't the liquid get diluted or like polluted? :blink::blink::unsure:

and the carbon i bought today doesn't have a safety seal also..i tot AC will start to absorb when it's not sealed air tight?

:eyeblur::eyeblur:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
hm....how come aquaz additives doesn't have a safety seal to the bottle?unlike other brands..

won't the liquid get diluted or like polluted? :blink:  :blink:  :unsure:

and the carbon i bought today doesn't have a safety seal also..i tot AC will start to absorb when it's not sealed air tight?

:eyeblur:  :eyeblur:

Erm the liquid additives should not be diluted unless someone pour liquid in :P

There are many grades and purpose of carbon media , those made specially for air treatment would absorb air, but Aquaz is using those made for water treatment so it should not be a big issues. As the bottle used to contain the carbon media has another inner plastic linner inside.

Thanks you for pointing it out which is a good point and i shall feedback on the packaging.

But do not worry as many other brands around the market dont really have seal on all products like additives :)

Ming :D

• SRC Member

what i meant is that how do we know if the solution has been tempered with even before reaching the stores?other products have no seal??please name some of them???i have been using seachem,redsea aquapharm and tropic marin and recently,fritz.all these reputable products come with temper proof seals.

And can u list out more detail about diff kinds of carbon absorbing different molecular sizes(water and air????)?can you list any scientific research materials and/or graphs???I am very curious.

since the recent debate with quality of aditives have been brought up,i will very much like to know the ans to all the questions i've listed.

another thing i encountered is that how come your part B additive which LISTED carbonates as one of its main ingredient does not cloud water when poured into the aquarium??from what i know and from years of using additives,i UNDERSTAND that carbonates WILL cloud the water temporallily when added into the aquarium.How come the AQUA* part B does'nt????

lets all be HONEST about the various issues since someone brought up the HONESTY ISSUE....

hopeto hear from u soon...

Would it help to send your questions to the main company?

I believe they will be the best person to give the technical know how.

I thought I saw a contact function in the Aquaz website. Think there is a point of contact for Aquaz.

http://www.aquaz.org/contacts_main.html

what i meant is that how do we know if the solution has been tempered with even before reaching the stores?other products have no seal??please name some of them???i have been using seachem,redsea  aquapharm and tropic marin and recently,fritz.all these reputable products come with temper proof seals.

And can u  list out more detail about diff kinds of carbon absorbing different molecular sizes(water and air????)?can you list any scientific research materials and/or graphs???I am very curious.

since the  recent debate with quality of aditives have been brought up,i will very much like to know the ans to all the questions i've listed.

another thing i encountered is that how come your part B additive which LISTED carbonates as one of its main ingredient does not cloud water when poured into the aquarium??from  what i know and from years of using additives,i UNDERSTAND that carbonates WILL cloud the water temporallily when added into the aquarium.How come the AQUA* part B does'nt????

lets all be HONEST about the various issues since someone brought up the HONESTY ISSUE....

hopeto hear from u soon...

Hi Milky,

Yes, some other brands have no seal. And in some brands only the new batches have seals. We will contact the main office or local distributor for permission before we release the name willingly. You may then address that issue to them.

As a Company, we have no interest in deflaming other brands in the market so we are acting in the interest of the other parties when we don't disclose the particular brand names however the sales procedure is in singapore. In the international market, this is not the practice(nor do we want to). We rather establish open communications with other companies then sow discord.

The width of the pores ranges from 0.3mm to several nm.

All activated carbons are characterized by their ramified pore system within which various mesopores (r = 1-25 nm), micropores (r = 0.4-1.0 nm) and sub micropores (r < 0.4 nm) branch off from what we call macropores (r > 25 nm) (Figure I ). Activated carbons have been used for many years quite successfully for adsorptive removal of impurities from exhaust gas and waste water streams. However, for cost-effective removal of certain impurities contained in gases (such as hydrogen sulfide, mercury and ammonia), the adsorption capacities and the feasible removal rates must be substantially boosted by impregnation of the activated carbon by suitable chemicals,with the majority of pores falling in the micropore range (5-10 Angstroms), particularly effective for air purification applications.

This will be noted in the grade quality of the carbon. There are over 100 types of carbon in pellet,granular,powder forms. Aquaz do list their ingredients on all their products from C.O.A (certificate of analysis)received :

Steam activated Bituminous coal .

Shape Granular, Size 0.5 mm - 2.8 mm, Phosphate Leachable < 0.012 mg / cc, Surface Area 1250, pH 7 - 7.1, Iodine No 1200, Density 0.48 g / mL

(p.s do you actually see brands listing leachable phosphate amounts?) It is a well known fact carbon will release it, of course the lowest would be best. But lowest as compared to low? :blink: Everybody will say theirs have the lowest - Its up to the user to decide.

A copy of the cert can be faxed to you if you would like a reference, Please contact support@aquaz.org and we would gladly help. If you have any queries on any of the products we will do our best to help you with what we have, if not, yes we will recommended a product or piece of equipment that you may need from another brand.

We were advised by the manufacturer to store in a closed dry container as per water purification outlines. The aquaz tub has a double layer of protection against liquid splashes(the screw cap and a inner rubber liner).

In liquid applications, why is it important to deaerate (fully wet) the carbon?

A container of carbon is roughly 20% carbon, 40% interstitial space (the volume between the carbon granules), and 40% pore volume (the volume inside the carbon granules). If air remains in the pore volume, the fluid being treated cannot migrate to the adsorption sites. The air becomes a barrier to the carbon functioning properly.

Hence for aquarium usage we actually use the air as a barrier.

For many people, especially newcomers to reefkeeping, additives seem to be the easy option. They're often simple to add, and many are relatively cheap to buy for small systems.

There are dozens on the market, many of which are based around different concentrations of the same basic chemicals. If you can't afford to buy a reactor, they're probably the next best bet.

We strongly encourage that when anyone embarks upon the attempt to increase and maintain calcium levels in a reef aquarium, it is important to understand the methods available and that all should be used slowly. Increasing any parameters in a aquarium should be done gradually - in the best interest of the tank habitants, and also helping to avoid any problems that may arise from adding chemicals too fast.

Probably the simplest method of calcium replenishment is with regular water changes, most commercial salt mixes contain balanced buffer levels. With low tank calcium uptake this would be the most cost effective method. Only when calcium usage goes up,salt mixes become an expensive method.

The cloudiness that you experience is not an ideal situation you want when adding additives or new salt mixes. This is calcium precipitation and you actually end up with less available calcium in the tank(as it turns to solid). When precipitation occurs (aka snowstorm) it falls out of solution into a solid, what you want is for the calcium or buffer to stay in solution and be bio-available for coral uptake. The brands that you use will advise you on this if you asked them, sometimes this will occur if you dose 2 part additives too closely together or if the current levels in the tank are already high. It is not toxic, neither will it harm your tank but you may not be getting the optimal results from it - and when adding it too fast may result in future ionic imbalance which can be frustrating and lead to impatience and the hobbyist may end up spending even more on other unnecessary chemicals or equipment. The snowball effect.

We recommend that you dose our 2 part separately(on alternate days) or at separate ends of a small aquarium in order for this reaction not to occur.Part A is dosed first, then an equal amount of part B is dosed. This will allow you to raise your parameters gradually. I am sorry that ours does not cloud the water but this is what we are trying to avoid so that you get the best results :peace: .

The dosing amount can then be adjusted based on the aquarium needs. We also strongly encourage that when dosing additives - you should use a test kit to acertain your current parameters and your optimal levels. We understand that sgreef club and any other reef club in the world have always emphasize that practice.

If pH exceeds 8.5 , calcium may precipitate out of solution and you get little calcium increase. So adding calcium additives in gradual steps(over a few days) will produce better stabilized and more effective results.

All our ingredients are listed, and they have to be in order to enter Australia.

We apologise admin/mods for the long :snore: reply in this thread, If there are any questions support@aquaz.org will always be open for feedback.

merry christmas :peace:

Aquaz

just surf the aquaz.org.wow u guys got company at italy also?is that aquaz factory?so your products are bring in from there?or made in sg? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Italy is one of the many dealers and is listed on our dealers section thus it is not a factory of manufacture.

For any further queries , please email support@aquaz.org

Aquaz :peace:

okok

so may i know where your stuff is manufacture from?

Aquaz Private Limited is a Singapore based and registered Company , with distribution dealers around the globe.

We don't manufacture , but OEM from around the world.

Trying to provide an affordable alternative for hobbyist.

For any further queries , please email support@aquaz.org

Aquaz :peace:

• SRC Member

So it is manufactured no where..? Since not in italy not in SG, OEM.. meaning?

We like you to clarify here as many reefer wants to know.

Hope you don't mind to explain to us here. I am representing

lots of curious reefers.

Your product is new, we want to know more.. if you don't mind

:nc:

• SRC Member

lots of curious reefers.

Maybe you would like check on what OEM mean first.

I think the answer for this question has already been reply above by Aquaz.

lots of curious reefers.

No i dont mind, but with regards to Aquaz as a company it has already been explain above.

You can read up on each product from the website.

From my point of view: Your questions seem very weird <_< , not sure what you are trying to drive at. Maybe using another "establish brand" would boost your confidence. Maybe you would like to enquire on other brands on how they made or OEM their products.

Ming

• SRC Member

what is OEM?if not sg, where does your additives comes from?taiwan?malaysia?

this is a new brand, that concerns me as i want to know wad i dose into my tank..i think many reefers wanna know also..

oh ya, and that's the 1st time when i pursue Qns about a brand product..and the representative ask me to use other competive brands!sounds funny!! :blink::blink: or is it there's something we consumer cannot know?or you mean your products no good? :fear::fear:

puzzled :nc:

lots of curious reefers.

Ur question is "funny" and seriously you have gone past the point of integrity.

I am sure most of us here have tank, why not you represent us to ask which quarry that they get the raw material from.

Juz "forget" it. Life goes.

PEACE!!!!!! ;)

• SRC Member
what is OEM?if not sg, where does your additives comes from?taiwan?malaysia?

this is a new brand, that concerns me as i want to know wad i dose into my tank..i think many reefers wanna know also..

oh ya, and that's the 1st time when i pursue Qns about a brand product..and the representative ask me to use other competive brands!sounds funny!! :blink::blink: or is it there's something we consumer cannot know?or you mean your products no good? :fear::fear:

puzzled :nc:

go check out what does OEM means ;)

In short, Aquaz does not manufacture any of the products. For example, they brings in an addictive from US call Brand A. They have an agreement with Brand A and named it Aquaz in Singapore. Therefore their products are from all over the world, depending on which company they have an agreement on :)

At this point, I believe it will be a sensible thing to do that any further queries should be done at the Aquaz sub-forum.

It will benefit everyone and the info provided by Aquaz will be very valuable to those who needs to know the pdt more.

Afterall, the company paid for the slot in the forum to advertise and promote their pdts, the info provided by them about their pdt will also be very useful.

P/s: Ekia, good info provided. Helped to educate pple like me who dunno much about these. Thanks.

• SRC Member

why should "any further queries should be done at the Aquaz sub-forum."? why only after 1 page of questions and answers?

has aquaz got anything to hide? why must the mods come out to defend aquaz? is it because since aquaz paid for the sponsorship, they can avoid questions about their products?

anyway, explaining what OEM means in those terms does not answer my questions Ekia. and what is your business here? i was directing my questions to Aquaz. why are you always so interested in what people say about products but loves defending aquaz.

oh thats looks fishyyy!

anyway i sure hope aquaz provides some answers and soon. before they make themselves look shady and make a bad name for themselves. we wouldn't want that to happen would we?

I like you... everyone here is suspicious.

everything people say is fishy...well....I guess because we are all in the fishy hobby. Cool :lol:

Suits you....your choice. Happy reefing. :lol:

I get the hint....this is your DIALOGUE with Aquaz, which cannot be done in Aquaz Sub-Forum(in SRC) for fellow reefers who want to know more about the pdt or for the benefits of Aquaz pdt users who may find the thread lost after some time.

I'll go back and kick myself for trying to mediate the 2 threads here: the Aquapharm & Aquaz one.

• SRC Member
why should "any further queries should be done at the Aquaz sub-forum."? why only after 1 page of questions and answers?

has aquaz got anything to hide? why must the mods come out to defend aquaz? is it because since aquaz paid for the sponsorship, they can avoid questions about their products?

anyway, explaining what OEM means in those terms does not answer my questions Ekia. and what is your business here? i was directing my questions to Aquaz. why are you always so interested in what people say about products but loves defending aquaz.

oh thats looks fishyyy!

anyway i sure hope aquaz provides some answers and soon. before they make themselves look shady and make a bad name for themselves. we wouldn't want that to happen would we?

Meaning of O.E.M

Pronounced as separate letters) Short for ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURE, which means company A produce certain products/items/goods/equipments/services and OEMs by another (company B/ Aquaz). in bulk or service rights and customize them for their own particular application under own name or label (company B/ Aquaz).

Thus we do not and label it is "A Product Of Singapore" or "Made in Singapore" reason Aquaz don't manufacture them here.

Between Aquaz and our OEM manufacture, we have a confidential agreement. Do you ask your local supermarket where they OEM they mineral water or tissue paper from?

I think we have entertained you for long enough and you still do not wish to use our support email as mention by mod "Deepblue" . We have answered your initial product questions in depth and it seems you were using the products wrongly in the first place.

We had tried to correct you and gave you a basic understanding of how to use the supplement be it any brand that you chose. We try to reply to all customers question and feedback, including yours but your persistant questions are getting beyond logic for any consumer items or products.

We would not dwell on this unproductive thread any longer.

Ming on behalf of Aquaz

• SRC Member

The reason why the mods wants to shift this discussion is to Aquaz sub-forum is such that this discussion will serve as a reference for reefers with questions like yours. If it remains in the <marine addictives> forum, it will soon be lost due to the high flow of new threads/topics being post.

IMO, i don't see Aquaz trying to hide anything? and i also do not see any mods trying to defend Aquaz? i also do not see Aquaz trying to avoid questions asked by you about their products? in fact, i can safely say that Aquaz has revealed more about their products to us than wat most "more reptable" brands would have done.

oh thats looks fishyyy!

It was you who started the question about where the Aquaz products were manufactured in. And it seems to the general reefers that you do not understand what OEM is. Ekia had offered the explaination in good faith to the reefers who might not know what OEM is. This is the purpose of a forum, where questions get answered, would you like to ask a general question in a forum directed at a certain somebody and while waiting for a reply form that person, refuse to accept a explaination from someone else? if that is the case, i will suggest you e-mail Aquaz instead. And in which particular sentence or sentences did you get the idea that Ekia is trying to defend Aquaz? If giving you an explaination about wat OEM is, then from your questions, can i say that you have something against Aquaz then?

I believe Aquaz have provided enough answers to satisfy the general reefers' curiosity and doubts. If it still doesn't satisfy yours, i'm sure Aquaz will be glad to entertain you further if you can send them an e-mail.

If your intentions are for the benefits of fellow reefers and bears absolutely no malice towards Aquaz, i salute you for your thoroughness. if not, then i'd suggest you take this to another playing field or just "live and let live".

:angel:

• SRC Member

aiya, so simple...

dun like dun buy...

its just a $10-20 item, y make yourself understand how the company works and ask how is it manufactured??

all chemicals/ingredients used to produce Aquaz products can be found on their label and website, so wat issit more that u are asking for?? their manufacturing process?

your question ranged from how come no seal, to how come not cloudy, to where issit manufactured, to wat is OEM, to y the mods are "defending" Aquaz...

i think "no seal" has been answered

"not cloudy" also answered

"where issit manufactured" not answered due to confidentiality issue

"OEM" Ekia explained

"y the mods are "defending" Aquaz" also answered by DB

i think tat u are trying to seek info to help all of us to understand more on Aquaz products..but if things boil up to this extend when a lot of needless words are used, its quite uncalled for...

bottomline, dun buy wat u dun trust..if u have doubts dun use it..if u wanna try dun regret..

i've been using Aquaz and before that reefez for as long as i've been reefing and see no adverse effects...

• src unlocked this topic