Soul's New Tank

Soul

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

phos level below 5? i thought phos above 0.5 is harmful? if i am not wrong, those are cyno. i kena them before. did you use ro/di water or just plain tap water for the tank? better hook up a fr if you have not done so, they spread like wildfire

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

found this helpful post made by one of the form moderators ...

"That is cyano in the beginning stages,

Improving water quality (with lower nutrients)is a main step - leaving the algae with less fuel for growth. With PO4 & NO3 at zero you may still find cyano.(as many ppl have)

This is because Rocks and sand(substrate) act as a sink. Cyano will grow over these surfaces until that runs out then die off by itself. All this while the water should have low nutrients(or very very low levels,near zero) so that the algae has nothing else to use up and will go away in a few weeks to a month or two.

For a new tank- there is no way you can avoid the first cyano outbreak (it may come in the first month or in the first year).

Siphoning off whatever you can helps keep it in small patches, but you have to keep doing it till it goes away. If water changes are done during this time- the new water should be nutrient free too- or you fuel the cyano."

IMO, cyano is part & parcel of life. Looking after your water will stop future outbreaks.

If you use red slime, becareful of low oxygen levels. Increase aeration or water circulation during treatment.

maybe not enough flow in that region

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

I like your tubeworm... the pink is very intense :) I am actually looking for one :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

the ah beng shop at pasir ris got some.

Ok I will drop by there soon :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 4 weeks later...

Very beautiful and exquisite Black Suns... this is the first time I see Black Suns up close... hint hint... you pix too large :D

Looking good bro... what a large flat piece of Zoos there... hehe... you also have pest anemones :D