Tank migration

tiffanydunk

Hi, if u use live sand, rock and water, the period will be shorten tremondously. However, yr new tank will have certain level of silica etc which require cycling. For coral ok but fishes, will depend. Hope this help.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Hi guys, planning for an upgrade from to 2 footer to a larger tank. But the issue is that how can I migrate my current tank to the new one? I will still need to cycle the new tank right?

when i migrate from 2.5 tank to current 4 tank

transfer directly old sand, lr etc

transfer old tank water and fill the rest with sea water

got algae pb but no livestock lost

• SRC Member

u will required to do it slow and steady.

70% old water,sand then rocks. After that top up the rest with new seawater or salt mix.

transfer corals etc...

use container to transfer the fishes. (make sure container big enough for your fishes to swim in it then u use) and do it slowly to minimise stressing the fishes.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

wah bro buay tahan liao ar? haha wanna hunt 3 feet tank liao?

i starting to get quotes for my new 4 feet shallow tank liao.

i rem when i transfer my ls from 1.5ft tank to 3ft tank total only one casualty. as long as u fully cycle the new tank and make sure the parameter agar the same shouldn't be an issue at all.

my only casualty is my peppermint shrimps cos maybe i put in too fast never slowly acclimatize it.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Tiffanydunk! you're back!

Hello! :)

u will required to do it slow and steady.

70% old water,sand then rocks. After that top up the rest with new seawater or salt mix.

transfer corals etc...

use container to transfer the fishes. (make sure container big enough for your fishes to swim in it then u use) and do it slowly to minimise stressing the fishes.

I'm planning from a 2 footer to a 4 footer fowlr. But my current tank won't have enough sand/ rocks or sea water to occupy the 4 footer. If I were to add sand/ rocks and sea water from other sources, I'm afraid that the parameters will be affected.

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member

wah bro buay tahan liao ar? haha wanna hunt 3 feet tank liao?

i starting to get quotes for my new 4 feet shallow tank liao.

i rem when i transfer my ls from 1.5ft tank to 3ft tank total only one casualty. as long as u fully cycle the new tank and make sure the parameter agar the same shouldn't be an issue at all.

my only casualty is my peppermint shrimps cos maybe i put in too fast never slowly acclimatize it.

Meaning for your case u cycle ur 3 footer first? My 2 kings keep sparring each other, see already also sianz. The main pt I'm afraid is that my pbt will Kenna itch in the new tank.

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member

Meaning for your case u cycle ur 3 footer first? My 2 kings keep sparring each other, see already also sianz. The main pt I'm afraid is that my pbt will Kenna itch in the new tank.

yup i cycled my tank to make sure there is no casualty but too bad there is =)

jus make sure both side parameter the almost identical, the next step is just like your normal routine of buying new fish thats all.

then don't on your light first while transferring them lor. easy as that. but your 2 king definitely need a new home fast lolx.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp