Rainbow Millepora

They don't carry ATI in 2 tubes now, must order, which I think it's quite stupid, if razor supplier can keep 2 tubes in stock I don't see why ATI 2 tubes can't be kept in stock.

Yes Jeremy, T5 is possible ( or at least very very close ) with the intensity of SPS color pigmentation BUT provided you use ATI power module or similar quality light set.

I have done an experiment with Sunset Mille and confirm that ATI gives very close results.

However, nothing beats MH at the moment, the kind of SPS intense bright colors that is produced by MH is unmatchable.

care to share why/how is ATI PM better?

my personal experience from hopar to solite(individual reflector) to DE retrofit to ATI PM

hopar to solite, slight difference

solite to DE retrofit, big difference

DE retrofit to ATI PM, like no difference lol

read somewhere that the cooling fan will increase the lighting performance by 10%

care to share why/how is ATI PM better?

my personal experience from hopar to solite(individual reflector) to DE retrofit to ATI PM

hopar to solite, slight difference

solite to DE retrofit, big difference

DE retrofit to ATI PM, like no difference lol

read somewhere that the cooling fan will increase the lighting performance by 10%

Hi Bro, thanks for sharing ! :thumbsup:

There are lots of info when comes to lighting for SPS. It's best to leave it to individual to do their own research and explore different options and find out what is best for their own likings. :friends:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

They don't carry ATI in 2 tubes now, must order, which I think it's quite stupid, if razor supplier can keep 2 tubes in stock I don't see why ATI 2 tubes can't be kept in stock.

Haha....ya quite true, they are missing the two tube set market quite a bit :upsidedown:

Hey if you are gonna order please let me know, i would be keen to get few sets from ATI for experiment !!!

Any frag for sale :evil: ?

Hi James,

Thanks for your support. Yes there are still a few frags available now, if you happen to come by these areas, can sms me to check them up ^_^

Haha....ya quite true, they are missing the two tube set market quite a bit :upsidedown:

Hey if you are gonna order please let me know, i would be keen to get few sets from ATI for experiment !!!

Not any time soon that I'll change to ATI fixtures, currently happy w razor and DD, maybe can psycho Wilson :thumbsup:

Cedric... my tank is not ready for this goodie... but I'm sure you'll keep a frag somewhere right?

Gimme 2 months to settle down k? I'll visit u before cny, haiya, might as well during cny?

Jer, I Am using ATI PM 4 tubes currently.. it's really a piece of power lighting. No horse run..

Now that radion is out of stock, I'm considering Razor..

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Not any time soon that I'll change to ATI fixtures, currently happy w razor and DD, maybe can psycho Wilson :thumbsup:

Jeremy, you bad. Our bro Wilson already decided to stay out of the dark side liao...dont you drag him back...instead WE should join force and drag him back to the dark force :heh:

Cedric... my tank is not ready for this goodie... but I'm sure you'll keep a frag somewhere right?

Gimme 2 months to settle down k? I'll visit u before cny, haiya, might as well during cny?

Jer, I Am using ATI PM 4 tubes currently.. it's really a piece of power lighting. No horse run..

Now that radion is out of stock, I'm considering Razor..

Bro, thanks for your kind thoughts, and yes you know me and my little inventory secret haha

I may be out of town with siao yu back to her home town to celebrate CNY, not confirm though, we will see.

Have you start connecting your holding tank to your main already ?

Bro, thanks for your kind thoughts, and yes you know me and my little inventory secret haha

I may be out of town with siao yu back to her home town to celebrate CNY, not confirm though, we will see.

Have you start connecting your holding tank to your main already ?

Haha.. ced, there's always some secret corner... I'll still keep always despite my recent love with angels.

I've cleared 90% of my blue tub... this weekend will clear frag tank...

The headache now is the fish introduction sequence...I've posted last night for advice...

Next week should be all cleaned up... keeping fingers crossed...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Jeremy, you bad. Our bro Wilson already decided to stay out of the dark side liao...dont you drag him back...instead WE should join force and drag him back to the dark force :heh:

Interesting.....why are SPS corals considered the "dark side"?

To me, it should be the "good or light side" of reefkeeping! :P

We'll just do what you did the last time to poison us, give Wilson a frag of a radioactive BN frag. :thumbsup:

Got one from Cedric as well..

Nice and doing well in my tank

Glad to hear that, your tank seems to be a low nutrient one too, not surprise that it do well in your care :welldone:

Interesting.....why are SPS corals considered the "dark side"?

To me, it should be the "good or light side" of reefkeeping! :P

Lol....actually this 'dark side' thingy has originated from the earlier senior's time, exactly what happens i am not too sure but may have to do with the amount of resources needed to invest in a good SPS tank. Anyway this has seems to be a tongue in cheek description of our local sps reefing group here :upsidedown:

We'll just do what you did the last time to poison us, give Wilson a frag of a radioactive BN frag. :thumbsup:

Lol....Wilson has already developed some level of immunity, the radioactive BN may not be effective liao, may need a heavier dose of sps drags :heh:

• SRC Supporter

Glad to hear that, your tank seems to be a low nutrient one too, not surprise that it do well in your care :welldone:

Lol....actually this 'dark side' thingy has originated from the earlier senior's time, exactly what happens i am not too sure but may have to do with the amount of resources needed to invest in a good SPS tank. Anyway this has seems to be a tongue in cheek description of our local sps reefing group here :upsidedown:

The dark side also mean you get "Hook" and suck into getting more and more SPS for your tank and burn a hole in your pocket LOL ....devil.gif

haha now I know! It will end up pretty dark for our wallets!

BTW, any chance of selling red planet acro frags for your next sales bash?

haha now I know! It will end up pretty dark for our wallets!

BTW, any chance of selling red planet acro frags for your next sales bash?

Haha, now you know why it's called the dark side as Larry has rightly pointed out .

Red planet is among the few rare staff which I can now only offer upon " frag-on-order " . These are premium staff which are very limited in quantity and i do not wish buyers risking their money buying a rare frag that are not healthy.

I notice the Red Planet tends to be quite easily stress when they are freshly frag. If they are not left to settle down properly during the first few days, there is a high chance they will stn and die. However, once they are properly healed, they are very hardy and seems to be one of the most aggressive sps, even a humillis is no match :heh:

If you are keen, i will arrange a healthy frag for you and keep you inform once ready.

• Like 1

The dark side also mean you get "Hook" and suck into getting more and more SPS for your tank and burn a hole in your pocket LOL ....devil.gif

Lol...Bro, it is indeed a very addictive side of the hobby. I just wonder who actually coin the word Dark Side ? It's so funny yet so true :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

Lol...Bro, it is indeed a very addictive side of the hobby. I just wonder who actually coin the word Dark Side ? It's so funny yet so true :upsidedown:

Darth Vader: "Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will... "

Darth Vader: "Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will... "

Lol good one bro

Haha, now you know why it's called the dark side as Larry has rightly pointed out .

Red planet is among the few rare staff which I can now only offer upon " frag-on-order " . These are premium staff which are very limited in quantity and i do not wish buyers risking their money buying a rare frag that are not healthy.

I notice the Red Planet tends to be quite easily stress when they are freshly frag. If they are not left to settle down properly during the first few days, there is a high chance they will stn and die. However, once they are properly healed, they are very hardy and seems to be one of the most aggressive sps, even a humillis is no match :heh:

If you are keen, i will arrange a healthy frag for you and keep you inform once ready.

Oh I had the impression that Red Planet is a hardy SPS coral after reading this piece in reefbuilders:

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/08/29/ora-red-planet-table-acro/

red-planet-table-acro.jpg

Yes, I am keen on a red planet frag along with the blue mille but I think I have to wait until Christmas as I really want the rest of the frags I got from you (and a few others from iwarna) to grow more. All 4 frags I got from you have shown slight growth after a week - the fastest is surprisingly the purple valida and not the digitatas!