Rainbow Millepora

Omg, this is such a beautiful huge colony ! Haha, it does looks like some sort of a map :)

It is a hardy piece as i mentioned, just that the freshly cut frag is a little fragile. After it started to encrust it is very fast growing and pretty aggressive.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Omg, this is such a beautiful huge colony ! Haha, it does looks like some sort of a map :)

It is a hardy piece as i mentioned, just that the freshly cut frag is a little fragile. After it started to encrust it is very fast growing and pretty aggressive.

Hi bro,

Your SPS is under 400w MH lighting right? Mind sharing what Kelvin isit? 12, 14, 20kk?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Hi James,

One of my display is using 2x400watt SE bulb. I recently change my bulb from Reeflux 12K to Radian 20K.

The Radian 20K seems slightly more bluish than Reeflux, also the Radian seems less bright but overall quite pleasing to the eyes.

I turn on my MH for 5 hours, T5 around 12 hours.

Hi James,

One of my display is using 2x400watt SE bulb. I recently change my bulb from Reeflux 12K to Radian 20K.

The Radian 20K seems slightly more bluish than Reeflux, also the Radian seems less bright but overall quite pleasing to the eyes.

I turn on my MH for 5 hours, T5 around 12 hours.

Hi bro,

Radian? do you mean Radium(MH) or Radion(LED)?

Btw, 20kk for sure more bluish than 12kk la but I do agree that it's very pleasing to the eye!

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Hi bro,

Radian? do you mean Radium(MH) or Radion(LED)?

Btw, 20kk for sure more bluish than 12kk la but I do agree that it's very pleasing to the eye!

Oops....it's Radium MH bulb ... initially i was reluctant to try it when i know it's 20K since i had the experience of using the BLV 20K before and it's too blue for my liking. But the radium 20K turn out to be not as blue as BLV, so I am happy with the color :)

For those who asked for a picture of the limited edition of Reeffarmers LE Rainbow Mille, here is the picture of the actual frag for your viewing pleasure :)

Here's the picture from Reeffarmers LE Rainbow Mille

post-1460-0-83189400-1320688377_thumb.jp

and here's the picture of my frag

post-1460-0-80370900-1320689595_thumb.jp

Close examination will reveal that this exotic specimen has 3 colors - Body is dominated by champagne red and forest green body with a subtle yellowish coloration near the lower part. What's interesting is some of the polyp color has red while some has a greenish yellow color, never seen such a rich color combo as far as millepora is concern :wub:

Ligthing wise, i find that it doesnt need very strong light, 1.5 ft below water surface lighted by 400watt mh would be just good. I tried to lower a frag to even lower approximately 2 ft from water surface and the yellow tint becomes more obvious !

For those who has bought the frags, hope you guys enjoy this beauty :friends:

If I were not wrong...saw this speciment in the wild during one of my diving trips few months back...the current was so strong that I almost cannot come back.... :(

fts-022012.JPG

If I were not wrong...saw this speciment in the wild during one of my diving trips few months back...the current was so strong that I almost cannot come back.... :(

Oh..the moral of this statement is Rainbow Millepora needs very strong current/flow....:yahoo: !

Just joking...:P !

Clee, thank God you manage to come back safely :friends:

As James guess it right, my observation is that this mille seems to enjoys very good flow :)

I wonder roughly how big is that colony which you saw ?

Clee, thank God you manage to come back safely :friends:

As James guess it right, my observation is that this mille seems to enjoys very good flow :)

I wonder roughly how big is that colony which you saw ?

About 1/4 size of the Red Planet shown.... really awesome... :thumbsup:

fts-022012.JPG

Wow...that's a nice colony size :shock: If only our local waters could host these specimen that would be so wonderful, i wonder what's lacking in our water here that we dont see such nice SPS :erm: