Pom Pom Crab with eggs?

law1210

Hi bros & sis,

When I was gluing back one of my rocks that fell off the main structure, I found my pom pom crab hiding under it (ok, the rock has dropped off for 2-3 weeks liao). So happy because I have never seen this crab after the first day I bought it like 1-2 months ago. Ok, that's not the point. The topic here is, are these eggs that the crab is carrying underneath it? The red thing at the bottom. Looks like it hor?

post-14837-0-94439000-1320740123_thumb.j

post-14837-0-71803600-1320740129_thumb.j

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

Corals: Zoas, Rics, Hammer, Blue & Green Starpolyps.

Hoho great! Though I don't place any hope of the young surviving wif so many predators around, still happy to see the eggs. Already very happy to see the crab still surviving. Now with eggs somemore. Double happiness. Haha...

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

Hoho great! Though I don't place any hope of the young surviving wif so many predators around, still happy to see the eggs. Already very happy to see the crab still surviving. Now with eggs somemore. Double happiness. Haha...

But hor, if only one crab, will the eggs hatch?

Don't know leh. Don't know how they fertilize the eggs, before laying or after. If before laying them, then still got chance it was fertilized in the shop.

My 1.5ft Nano tank