Wilson's 5ive

wilsontantw

Nice job. By the way, the rocks from T95, u may wish to chk on how to remove parasites while keeping it alive. Their rocks are nice and good but at time comes with lots of. . . . Just be sure than sorry after pirating everything in and did yr scaping. Always feel good for new setup.

By the way, have you thought of open concept sump rather than having too many partition which might restrict yr future chge, etc.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Due to some personal preference and partial feng shui (geomancy) reasons.. the new tank will be in the same spot where the current tanks are... this became the biggest headache in the entire project.

Gave some corals away, sold some and temporary housed some with my brother in law..

Still kept quite a few in some blue tubs and drum... courtesy of pinnacle and larry (forum owner).. thanks guys!

31f5a4e7-6f0f-28ee.jpg

The blue tub became a holding tank plus sump for the frag tank.

31f5a4e7-6f4a-a604.jpg

Due to the huge mess and potential hazard.. my kids had to stay with my parents... while I tear down the tanks, wait for new one, cycle and re-load all corals and fish... my wife had to put up with this mess and the inconveniences...

So for this, I owe her a big one!

Yr previous tank beside yr flat screen n theatre sys. No signs of corrosion?

Yr living rm looks "solid". If my CO, I think ..... Great to have a understanding wifey!

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

Looks like another great big tank build in progress bro :)

The tank maker looks pretty professional too, lots of schematic drawings to your specifications. Care to share your tank makerr? Not easy to find a reliable tankmaker nowadays, would be good to share on forum your experiences. I am currently thinking of building a tank too. Can PM me otherwise.

Nice job. By the way, the rocks from T95, u may wish to chk on how to remove parasites while keeping it alive. Their rocks are nice and good but at time comes with lots of. . . . Just be sure than sorry after pirating everything in and did yr scaping. Always feel good for new setup.

By the way, have you thought of open concept sump rather than having too many partition which might restrict yr future chge, etc.

Bro, u obviously are very familiar with T95's rocks. Spot on! The pests and dying sponges caused some serious stench. My PRC neighbour kid harmless commented, 好臭啊. (its smelly), while i was cycling the rocks ... This prompted me to take swift actions. Lugged all the rocks back to T95, got ah peh to bring his power jet spray! Whereas I armed myself with a mini fruit knife.. Squat there for 2 hours and cleaned up the rocks.

Wanted to leave them there for further cycling, but ah peh was insistent I bring them back... No way am I risking my marriage and good neighbour relationship for these rocks!!!

So went down to Pinnacle (again) and Edwin gladly offered his tank to house my liverocks...

I'm totally impressed with them.

1) T-loan me a fibre glass tub

2) allowed me to house the rocks there despite not buying from them.

All I can say is... Do try to keep cordial relationships with LFS. You really never know when u need their help!

If u see this Xavier and Edwin... Thanks again. You can expect to see me more often!



decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Yr previous tank beside yr flat screen n theatre sys. No signs of corrosion?

Yr living rm looks "solid". If my CO, I think ..... Great to have a understanding wifey!

Bro. No rust at all. The Bose is still going strong. Samseng LCD still ok... Just be more careful, you'll be fine.

And yes... It helps when the CO tries to accommodate. I wouldn't have been able to do this without her approval. Though I sensed she must have regretted slightly after seeing the mess.

But hey, it'll be over soon!!!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Looks like another great big tank build in progress bro :)

The tank maker looks pretty professional too, lots of schematic drawings to your specifications. Care to share your tank makerr? Not easy to find a reliable tankmaker nowadays, would be good to share on forum your experiences. I am currently thinking of building a tank too. Can PM me otherwise.

McNugget happens to be my fav snack in MacDonalds. Welcome to my tank thread and glad u like the schematics like I do. Do pm me if u wanna know tank maker.. To me, I go for reliable, humble and prompt service, I don't mind paying slight premium but not carrot head (not after spending some much $$ over the past years to learn..)

Thus I went direct to tank maker with my own drawing and design (with help from many consultants.. ) they may not be marine experts but is patient with my design and also pointed out some flaws...

Rimless tanks are "in"... But for me, stray lights are a major issue. Tank being next to tv, the glare is going to be bad. So no rimless. Plus I'm also experimenting different light sets. So neater with the hood.

I will be following this tank thread closely...

Amazing planning there.... Very detailed..

Thanks Ig, I took quite a lot of photos.. Unfortunately I changed phone during this period.. iPhone and android ain't exactly best of friends.. So I'm having difficulty sorting out the pictures...

Will try to share whatever I can. I know I missed out details in my planning... Will share them for reefers in their future planning.

I liked how the sketch is made on grid paper, but not drawn to scale. Lol... :lol:

Bro, and I thought I was lucky! If my stuff is strewn all over the living room, that'll mark the end of my reefing hobby!

Keep the pics coming!

Yu jin, I'm counting my lucky stars.. I'm given One month, which has sinced passed.. So it's moving on double quick time now.. Am expecting some casualty from existing tank, but *touch wood* so far so good. Took the advice of getting NSW and mixed with my existing tank. So yeah.. Kinda speed things up!

Btw, pls pls do run NSW thru skimmer first. While they contain tons of pods... The skimmate is just unbelievable within 1 day!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Due to some personal preference and partial feng shui (geomancy) reasons.. the new tank will be in the same spot where the current tanks are... this became the biggest headache in the entire project.

Gave some corals away, sold some and temporary housed some with my brother in law..

Still kept quite a few in some blue tubs and drum... courtesy of pinnacle and larry (forum owner).. thanks guys!

31f5a4e7-6f0f-28ee.jpg

The blue tub became a holding tank plus sump for the frag tank.

Due to the huge mess and potential hazard.. my kids had to stay with my parents... while I tear down the tanks, wait for new one, cycle and re-load all corals and fish... my wife had to put up with this mess and the inconveniences...

So for this, I owe her a big one!

Wah, your wife deserves an award for her tolerance and support. I will be following this thread very closely.

After placing the order and shopped for more "toys", got a call from tank maker... "ready for viewing".. so went to take a look, as it's nearby my place, decided to take a short drive down to eunos.

As I understand, not many shops entertain such "preview"...

Found out that some minor errors during the review... so changes were made on the spot. Prevented a potential ugly scene after delivery.

31f5a4e7-6c40-3aa6.jpg

31f5a4e7-6cf0-75cb.jpg

Spotted the diff? Sump couldn't fit... thus need to adjust the rear beam.

More preview...

31f5a4e7-6e84-fe19.jpg

Cut out at the top of overflow box. For better ventilation and easy access to external overflow.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Very nicely thought out!

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

Very nicely thought out!

Thanks bro... this was a group think.. had a lot of feedback before it went to build... despite the planning... there are some minor flaws... but nothing too drastic... thankfully...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

way to go wilson .

ab fab tank maker for allowing u to preview everything before delivery. Served u well as u spotted a serious error.

can't wait to visit u again once everything is off the floor. :)))

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

I liked how the sketch is made on grid paper, but not drawn to scale. Lol... :lol:

Bro, and I thought I was lucky! If my stuff is strewn all over the living room, that'll mark the end of my reefing hobby!

Keep the pics coming!

Totally agree with Bro peacemaker

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

way to go wilson .

ab fab tank maker for allowing u to preview everything before delivery. Served u well as u spotted a serious error.

can't wait to visit u again once everything is off the floor. :)))

For tanks, it's usually very straight forward.. carpentry and piping.. these are usually the painpoints... sort that out at workshop, better than drilling and sawing at my place...

BTW, my apologies for the mess... in 2 weeks... it'll be all done!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|