Pico Tank - Dymax IQ5

gnesnah

Equipment

Tank - Dyamx IQ5

Lighting - Stock

Return pump - stock

Power head - Tunze universal mini pump

Filter media - level 1(filter wool), level 2(biohome plus), level 3(stock foam)

Thermometer - Hang on type

Live stock

Nil - still cycling week 1(live sand), live rock just added.

post-20125-0-45508700-1321681508_thumb.j

hmmm, juz wondering. Will the LED light enough for SPS?

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member

If can fill up the whole tank with zoas,,that will be nice

Too.

-Main Display Tank : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft c/w sump tank cabinet (Set up by aquarium artist)

-Lightings : 4 sets of 1.5ft mini aqua lumen LED lights (7 high power led 15W)

-Chiller: 1/4HP artica chiller with a standby of HC-100A

-Skimmer : Bubble Magnus 3 (cone)

-Phosphate Reactor

-NP Bio-pellet D&D onceanic hang-on reactor

-Wavemaker : MP10

-Temperature mointor : American Wireless pinpoint thermometer

hmmm, juz wondering. Will the LED light enough for SPS?

Dont think the stock light is enough for sps. But with a par38 will be nice for sps.

Xzoga pe5-8 + Saragosa SW6000

Xzoga pe3-5 + JM pe3

Giant Killing + Ryoga 1012

Tsuribi pe0.8-1.5 + Certate 2500

Actually have not really decided what animals to keep yet. A tank full of sun corals perhaps...any forseen problems???

I can only stock the tank next year as I will be riding to Phuket end Dec for the New Year Celebration(play fire crackers.) Coming back only one week later so no picure till then. Any pictures will be problem seeking help with algae and diatom. :o

• SRC Member

Actually have not really decided what animals to keep yet. A tank full of sun corals perhaps...any forseen problems???

Sun corals need to be fed as they are non-photosynthetic. It may be quite a challenge to keep the bio-load low unless you are prepared to perform daily water changes.

Hi

Thanks for comming into my thread.

-Cooling will be just fan/s so that would limit the choices of coral to very few hardy ones.

-Par 38 can always use for my upgrade tank when the times come. Or a Par 30 if it is still available. I have 7-8 weeks to mull over which corals I want to keep. Actually I am already thinking of getting a ADA 60-F tank with 2 Eheim canister filters.(alternate the cleaning)

-Sun corals that's what I thought, lots of heads mean lots of feeding. But definitely will get a small colony with a few heads.

Front shot.

Looks pretty neat, well done. :goodjob:

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

do note that sun corals must be kept in dim lighting. :rolleyes:

sun corals can keep under MH why cant keep under LED ??

they dont need lights to keep alive...

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

dono, but read abt it in book.

yes in the wild they are found under caves and overhang now they are in our tank...

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gnesnah

Any updates of your tank so far?

Hi

Thanks for comming into my thread.

-Cooling will be just fan/s so that would limit the choices of coral to very few hardy ones.

-Par 38 can always use for my upgrade tank when the times come. Or a Par 30 if it is still available. I have 7-8 weeks to mull over which corals I want to keep. Actually I am already thinking of getting a ADA 60-F tank with 2 Eheim canister filters.(alternate the cleaning)

-Sun corals that's what I thought, lots of heads mean lots of feeding. But definitely will get a small colony with a few heads.

Hi gnesnah

Any updates of your tank so far?

Nothing much except the coraline algae is slowly spreading, some brown green algae too on the LR. I got them from Coral Farm since the quantity is small, no smell from day one.

Should not have put 300g of biohome plus in since I realised now biological filtration is done by LR, only mechanical and chemical media is what I should be putting in. What to do coming from freshwater.

Still cycling as I will add LS after 3 Jan 2012 when I return from my trip.

If you are setting up a IQ5 you can buy distilled water from NTUC or Esso station. Brand is Life pure distilled drinking water. 8 plus bottles to fill tank, 1 bottle for weekly water change(after adding LS) and occassional top-up. Salt if you are not keeping coral get the cheapest type.

Yup I got myself a used IQ5 and looking to setup a pico marine tank.

I am concern about the filtration for IQ5.

Where did you get your stuffs?

I was recommended to Iwarna in pasir ris farmway.

Thinking of having a Dymax fan for IQ5 to cool the temp.

lots to learn but also concern if my setup can make :)

Nothing much except the coraline algae is slowly spreading, some brown green algae too on the LR. I got them from Coral Farm since the quantity is small, no smell from day one.

Should not have put 300g of biohome plus in since I realised now biological filtration is done by LR, only mechanical and chemical media is what I should be putting in. What to do coming from freshwater.

Still cycling as I will add LS after 3 Jan 2012 when I return from my trip.

If you are setting up a IQ5 you can buy distilled water from NTUC or Esso station. Brand is Life pure distilled drinking water. 8 plus bottles to fill tank, 1 bottle for weekly water change(after adding LS) and occassional top-up. Salt if you are not keeping coral get the cheapest type.

Yup I got myself a used IQ5 and looking to setup a pico marine tank.

I am concern about the filtration for IQ5.

Where did you get your stuffs?

I was recommended to Iwarna in pasir ris farmway.

Thinking of having a Dymax fan for IQ5 to cool the temp.

lots to learn but also concern if my setup can make :)

Filtration is adequate. More important is regular water change, easy since volume is small. Don't think a skimmer works for such a small tank, just scoop water from the surface into a small pail.

There is Ah Beng shop at Pasir Ris Farmway 2 also.

The Dymax Vortex fan is loud.

For an IQ5 there is only a tiny selection of what you can put inside it. Continue learning sure can make it. :) Then you want a bigger tank and better equipment so long budget permits.

wat kinda skimmer is recomended for iq5

You are better off with regular water change, at least once a week. All the trace elements will be replenished from the salt mix. Have a 10 ltr or smaller tub/pail of salt mix standby for water change since volume is small.

Eg.Let's say if I have a 100 gallon display tank and I have storage space for 50 gallons salt mix I will do away with a skimmer and do weekly 20pct water change. But this is not possible and salt is not cheap.

If you must have a skimmer for your IQ5 there is one from Dymax specially for it, thinks it is $20 plus.