sun coral

starstarstar

• 2 years later...

Sorry I'm pulling out an old thread. my sun coral has 2 heads that has melted away. The rest are still doing ok. Still feeds. I'm wondering if there is a possibility that they can grow back. Was told that growing is faster since they don't need to grow skeletons...

• SRC Member

Possible for sun corals to pop back to life. Feed it well and I can recover.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Ah Beng should Hv.

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Hi, Need help on my sun coral. Just got it from a reefer recently. It looks ok (i think) except that it won't open up. I have adjusted the Chiller to 27 deg, i notice it seems like reacting and wanting to open. But each head is only like 30% open (Seem like peeping). Can anyone advise what i should do?

Alan

Hi, Need help on my sun coral. Just got it from a reefer recently. It looks ok (i think)  except that it won't open up. I have adjusted the Chiller to 27 deg, i notice it seems like reacting and wanting to open. But each head is only like 30% open (Seem like peeping). Can anyone advise what i should do?

Alan

Mine refused to open for a long time. About 2 - 3 weeks. I transferred it from my other half's tank to mine. Now it's on full bloom.

Give it some time. What I do is when it's the night time for the tank. I squirt some mysis water directly ontop. After awhile they peek out and occasionally take a shrimp or two.

Now they are in full bloom. Lol. Night or day!!

Not sure how other reefers handle theirs.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

Oh btw my chiller was at 25. I just raised it to 26. Before got chiller water was at 30. :D

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

Mine is sort of in the shade and sort of outside. Lol. No direct light but it's like placed on a rock near the bottom.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My sun coral is place directly under the light n they are opening bigger n more often nowadays after target feeding....no more hiding under shade....( actually tank too small, no place to hide)

• SRC Member

Suncoral Needs some good regular feedings!..And if new might only open at night in your tank!..They Are NPS And not LPS..corals..

Moderate flow to Low light will do..

cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Posted Image

My sun coral is place directly under the light n they are opening bigger n more often nowadays after target feeding....no more hiding under shade....( actually tank too small, no place to hide)

Hey I just noticed. The coral at the back, behind the sun coral. The whitish/pale one. Is that a sun too??