Pink Califlower Coral

inwear

• SRC Member

I am planning to keep pink califlower in my tank. Pls advise on the care required . Does it require strong light... having mixing information

Belong to NPS, requires lots of food. NO light is needed, this califlower is not for beginners.

Need to have regular feedings and need to a power skimmer to skim out access food..

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

They are non photosynthetic.. requires extensive feeding regime, normally these corals gets food during the tidal movement when the tide changes, so the food supply is quite consistant through out the day...

Best bet is getting a dosing pump for the dosing of the food if you are really keen in keeping non photsynthetic corals.. just provide food throughout the day, and provide a big skimmer to overskim and be prepared to battle some nitrate and phosphate problems..

Alternatively, you can do manual dosing of the food 8 - 10x per day, which is not feasible for most of us.. but still Nitrate and phosphate problem will will be there..

Bottomline, dont go into non photosynthetic corals if you are not willing to spend the extra effort in feeding them to keep them alive..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Belong to NPS, requires lots of food. NO light is needed, this califlower is not for beginners.

Need to have regular feedings and need to a power skimmer to skim out access food..

Thanks for the advise !

• 1 year later...

I am planning to keep pink califlower in my tank. Pls advise on the care required . Does it require strong light... having mixing information

I had one in my sump tank some time back. It was getting along well for about 5 months. Guess it was feeding off the debris that was flowing into the sump tank. One fine day i moved it to another slightly different location and it just went downhill and died.

Dont really advise anyone to get one (from my experience)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...