My Reefing Chronicles

Admiraltian

Bro sorry to hear that!

I also met with quite similar problem. I stopped water change and change my gfo every week. Meanwhile manually removed free hanging gha and wash filter sock daily. The gha persisted for another 2 weeks but never grow or spread. But by 3rd week gha turned white and died off. No other chemical and reduction.in lighting was done. Of coz, I still lose a few sps. But up till today algae is at bay. Don't give up, as we know this is demoralizing.

Sorry to hear about the incident man and thanks also for sharing with us so that we can all learn and avoid similar mistakes. Take it as new opportunities to restock tank.

How's the gha now though? This could well also be my last direct effort if it really clears my tank of gha. But probably will wipe up my corals which are now impossible to remove.

Thanks for the consolation and advises, bros. the gha did grew back a little but not as fast as before. A bigger problem has developed instead, dinos and bryopsis which I try to ignore since I gonna upgrade soon.

A look at how my tank is now.

c44561839a1b524f412273e1e13ffadd.jpg

Gonna decom this tank and sell off most of my livestock(corals) and Liverocks.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 2 months later...

Managed to sell off all of my corals except for one and also sell off my chevron tang. Now only left ard 5 fishes. Will migrate them to my new tank when it arrives at the end of the mth.

75a3dd6f2c51dec0a4095cd3efcbe91d.jpg

c4972de55dd555dbdd3d3e6731b61607.jpg

The one coral I'll transferring to my new tank, red wagon wheel fungia

5574996452c02d00d0cbda429356147e.jpg

Took the chance to clean up my sump of Liverocks today. Dip and shake of debris off them and transferred them to my DT. Will post them in my decom sale thread to sell most of them. Will keep a few small pieces for future use.

Now a pic of my remaining rocks and the scape that I use to form them up.

48d069b6f64235f036078c260164d131.jpg

Cheers!!

Edited by Admiraltian

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Oh no sorry to hear what happened bro. Hope all goes well for your new tank! 

Thanks, bro. Now waiting arrival of new tank and start all over again.

• 2 weeks later...

New tank coming in 2 days time. Exciting times ahead!! In the meantime, a last look at my current tank. Cheers!!

image.jpeg

Edited by Admiraltian