Please ID this unknow object

This unknow object have taken over all over m glass in the tank. I have my buy the Joes Juice to kill them but not work and he getting bigger now. i have change more than half tank of water still same no change. I trying very hard to find peppermit shrimp to kill them but the are no stock every where now.I have run out of idea how to get warp of them to out of my reef tank.Please advice Thank you

post-20257-0-35488900-1329116518_thumb.j

post-20257-0-74334000-1329116527_thumb.j

post-20257-0-37151100-1329116533_thumb.j

dont look like asterina starfish to me...maybe other expert can advise.

look like a zoa spider. PEST!

If their Zoa spider. Must more easy The spiders can romove with tweezers but can't use tweezers to remove. Their only stick all over my glass. You are true maybe i need other expert can advise. Please help I been try many matter to get rip of them they still stay on.

This unknow object have taken over all over m glass in the tank. I have my buy the Joes Juice to kill them but not work and he getting bigger now. i have change more than half tank of water still same no change. I trying very hard to find peppermit shrimp to kill them but the are no stock every where now.I have run out of idea how to get warp of them to out of my reef tank.Please advice Thank you

I am not expert... Just suggestion... Looks like pest jelly/anemone species.. Try search for ephyra stage... Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

I am not expert... Just suggestion... Looks like pest jelly/anemone species.. Try search for ephyra stage... Cheers..

Thank you for reply I checked the live rock Hitch hiker anemone this is under Aiptasia Anemone family.This is Boloceroides species.name unknown.Please advice. Thank you

• Sponsor

Good efforts in getting the photo of this tiny fella though its not clear enough for a positive id.

If it is Boloceroides, it may be removed mechanically by scraping them off the glass pane and running the water through a filter sock.

Repeat a few round to progressively decimate its population.

It also resemble hydroids.

Hydroids are dependent on the products of zooxanthelae residing within it's tissues, which in turn is dependent on good lightings to thrive.

Cutting down or turning off the lightings will kill off the hydroids.

Whatever it is, enjoy the process.

Cheerful reefing :D

SIGNATURE-Asta120SpirulinaGarlicReefMedi

Join us on Facebook! 

henry'sreefgourmet - your fish, corals and critters will love it!

Goodbye!PO4 - your simple, highly effective and low cost method to phosphate control

354 Clementi Avenue 2
#01-203
Singapore 120354

Tel : 6777 4047
Mobile : 9843 6032

Operating Hours:
Mondays : 3pm - 8pm
Tues - Sat : 12.30pm - 8pm

Sundays : Closed

Closed on the following Public Holidays : New Year, CNY, Labour Day, National Day & Christmas

Good efforts in getting the photo of this tiny fella though its not clear enough for a positive id.

If it is Boloceroides, it may be removed mechanically by scraping them off the glass pane and running the water through a filter sock.

Hydroids are dependent on the products of zooxanthelae residing within it's tissues, which in turn is dependent on good lightings to thrive.

Hi Henry , Thank I will do as you said. I will update u.

HI Henry,

Today i come back from work in the morning,I have do as you said but the unknow odject still stay and getting more . I also checked the on the net in hitchhikers guide to the reef tank and he said the unknow odject this near microscopic species too. Please advice?

• Sponsor

HI Henry,

Today i come back from work in the morning,I have do as you said but the unknow odject still stay and getting more . I also checked the on the net in hitchhikers guide to the reef tank and he said the unknow odject this near microscopic species too. Please advice?

I suggested two solutions. Which did you tried?

Join us on Facebook! 

Goodbye!PO4 - your simple, highly effective and low cost method to phosphate control

354 Clementi Avenue 2
#01-203
Singapore 120354

Operating Hours:

Closed on the following Public Holidays : New Year, CNY, Labour Day, National Day & Christmas

I suggested two solutions. Which did you tried?

HI Henry,

I have scraping them off the glass pane and running the water through a filter sock.Repeat a few round to progressively decimate its population and turning off the lightings in my main tank. all my Coral have move to sump refugium. Henry did miss up anything? Please advice?Thank you

• Sponsor

HI Henry,

I have scraping them off the glass pane and running the water through a filter sock.Repeat a few round to progressively decimate its population and turning off the lightings in my main tank. all my Coral have move to sump refugium. Henry did miss up anything? Please advice?Thank you

Excellent efforts :)

For the simple reason that more are still appearing indicates their huge population you got to deal with.

Good move to have the corals in the fuge to provide them with lightings while the lights are turned off.

Take note though that some of these pest may be hosting on the coral bases and you need to deal with them too.

Yes, you missed out something - treatment duration :lol:

For mechanical removal, the process need to be repeated daily till they are gone :blink::lol:

For cutting off lighting, it will take about 10-15 days to starve out the zooxanthelae..

It will be good to mechanically remove them while keeping the lights off.

Place filter floss in the return pump compartment to prevent those from the corals finding their way back to the main tank.

You may consider getting a bottle of FaunaMarine Ultra Pest Remover to treat the corals before returning them to the main tank.

Have fun :lol:

Join us on Facebook! 

354 Clementi Avenue 2
#01-203
Singapore 120354

Operating Hours:

Excellent efforts :)

For the simple reason that more are still appearing indicates their huge population you got to deal with.

Good move to have the corals in the fuge to provide them with lightings while the lights are turned off.

Take note though that some of these pest may be hosting on the coral bases and you need to deal with them too.

Yes, you missed out something - treatment duration :lol:

For mechanical removal, the process need to be repeated daily till they are gone :blink::lol:

For cutting off lighting, it will take about 10-15 days to starve out the zooxanthelae..

It will be good to mechanically remove them while keeping the lights off.

Place filter floss in the return pump compartment to prevent those from the corals finding their way back to the main tank.

You may consider getting a bottle of FaunaMarine Ultra Pest Remover to treat the corals before returning them to the main tank.

Have fun :lol:

Hi Henry ,

Thank you for advice i will do as you said i will update you in 10 to 15 day. Cheers.