Review of Red Sea Coral Pro salt

braincoral

waa... otw now!

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

Wow so much different

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Some might be interested in this..

i always fill up a tank with red sea coral pro and mix the salt with a pump inside with DI water.

i do WC every 2 days so this will help me change water with ease..

After one week of constant circulating with a pump.

Heres the salt read :

(taken with salifert test kit)

MG : 1440
Ca : 460

pH : 7.8

kH :5.6

no3 : 2

po4 : 0

No idea why kH and pH went down.. i tested no3 of freshly mixed salt before and it was 0, turns out to be 2 after a week of cycling.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

i always fill up a tank with red sea coral pro and mix the salt with a pump inside with DI water.

Heres the salt read :

No idea why kH and pH went down.. i tested no3 of freshly mixed salt before and it was 0, turns out to be 2 after a week of cycling.

Salifert should not be used for measuring low po4

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

why not?

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

• SRC Member

from what i understand, most test kit/tester are poor in detecting very low level of po4, even hanna checker is not accurate. not sure how true because i do not have one.

Heres the salt read :

I have use redsea pro for my fish quarantine tank measure at 12dkH and after 2 weeks without adding any kH buffer its still 10dkH ... My QT running tropic marine but when switch to redsea pro just wc 30~40% all fish died in the next day possible redsea pro kH too high and not suitable for those tank like mine tat running CR or two part dosing cos kH will go too high lately ...

I have use redsea pro for my fish quarantine tank measure at 12dkH and after 2 weeks without adding any kH buffer its still 10dkH ... My QT running tropic marine but when switch to redsea pro just wc 30~40% all fish died in the next day possible redsea pro kH too high and not suitable for those tank like mine tat running CR or two part dosing cos kH will go too high lately ...

Hi Sengreef,

I have swapped from corallife salt to redsea coral pro recently, i do a weekly bucket size amount of water replacement for my 3.5 feet tank. There is no difference in the tank when i did the change of salt brand. I use tap-water for mixing and only used bio-pellets reactor in sump.

U may have too many chemical dosing variables to control.

Hi Sengreef,

I have swapped from corallife salt to redsea coral pro recently, i do a weekly bucket size amount of water replacement for my 3.5 feet tank. There is no difference in the tank when i did the change of salt brand. I use tap-water for mixing and only used bio-pellets reactor in sump.

U may have too many chemical dosing variables to control.

Sorry tat my poor english explain not clear enough ... :P

My QT only a skimmer and nothing else ... using TM salt kH at 7~8 but when switch to Redsea Pro wc 30~40% kH up to 11~12 and most fishes died ... I have weekly wc without problem but after switch to redsea pro than most fish died so the oni possible reason is kH swing ...

My main tank is running CR so TOO high kH salt is not suitable for me ...

Sorry tat my poor english explain not clear enough ... :P

My QT only a skimmer and nothing else ... using TM salt kH at 7~8 but when switch to Redsea Pro wc 30~40% kH up to 11~12 and most fishes died ... I have weekly wc without problem but after switch to redsea pro than most fish died so the oni possible reason is kH swing ...

My main tank is running CR so TOO high kH salt is not suitable for me ...

I faced the same issue.

just to clarify, how do you mix your salt with water? with water pump or air bubbles?

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Using a propeller and cordless drill to mix. Salt fully dissolves clear within minutes. No cloud no sludge.

Previously using air stone to mix, the solution is never clear. Read from the manual later and it says dont mix by aeration.

• SRC Member

I mix by a strong pump. Water usually clear and fully mixer within a hour or 2. So far I'm still happy with cp salt.. Was thinking if I should change to h2ocean for my new tank but decided to stick to rscp salt.

I use redsea pro for 1.5 yrs now. pretty happy with the results. Previously using tropic marin and the price is a killer. I notice that the redsea pro also performed well but its KH seems went down faster compared to tropic marin given that the tank contents were the same. I am happy with the price, it works and now just add buffer to maintain the KH. Actually my live rocks like redsea pro too. 8)

• SRC Member

Bro, u mean redsea pro is as good as tropic marine? Wanted to switch to redsea pro from tropic marine pro but worried might not be as good. Maybe i.can give this reasea salt a trial. More economical. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />