Would you pay $X000+ to get a sea dragon

Achilles Tang

• SRC Member

First, is it legal to keep one?

Assuming it is not illegle, and assuming I have loads of money and assuming I cannot sleep without saying goodnight to one (which is not the case), I would first spend $X0000 to set up a suitable tank/equipment/books before I spend the $X000 to finally get the dragon in.

Then again, there are many other ways to spend money and time.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Hi Clownfish,

well, sea dragons are only solded to public aquarium only. A small number of them can only be collected from the wild per year. Better still, there are less than 5 licenced collector in Australia.

If I am offered one, I will get it. Then can forget abt keeping reef. hahaha :lol: That will be the ultimate one!! I will name it NEO too!! Female will be called Trinity!! :idea:

Its not a matter of paying, its a matter of getting hold of one even you got the money.

By the way, it is illegal to keep one at home aquarium as they need huge tank!!!!

Cheers!

Wei :)

• Sponsor

Was offered a chance to own one by a "private collector" some years ago at just $300, but delined the offer because I had no idea :( how to keep it. Bought a VCD later (BBC Doumentary) at $1.99 and found out more about their feeding and breeding conditions...not easy...anyway, just to let you know, keeping the leafy sea dragon is ILLEGAL without a licence from the Australian government....please don't try...not worth the risk! See it at the underwater world, they got it because of special approval from the Aussies. ;)

• SRC Member

would definitely want a chance in keeping a leafy seadragon if an opportunity presents it's self. Would go to great extents to get them to breed as well. It will definitely be a spectacular sight in my huge tank.... :D would even be satisfied with a young specimen....sigh! Too bad it's highly protected :D

• SRC Member

Yeah if I'm well off I'd be willing to spend thousands on a sea dragon.. And even spend more money getting a proper tank setup and making well sure that the dragon will thrive in my tank..

They way too beautiful liao.. I guess humans mostly want what they cannot get..