How much is a 5ft led lighting?

Anyone can now any good and affordable led lighting for a 5ft tanks? Is the power consumption really cheaper than t5 or metal halide?

What are you intend to keep? LPS? SPS? Fish only? or just Rocks???

What is affordable to you??

For my case, I am able to save S$200/month of ultility bill after converting from MHs to LED.. :thumbsup:

fts-022012.JPG

What are you intend to keep? LPS? SPS? Fish only? or just Rocks???

What is affordable to you??

For my case, I am able to save S$200/month of ultility bill after converting from MHs to LED.. :thumbsup:

hahaha...got people keep Rock only meh... :lol: :lol: :lol: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

For the LPS which type or which place can i get the good LED lighting ? Are they came with the Blue LED or just White LED alone ? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Go to Nanyang Aquaurim in Seletar Farm way...They got LED(blue and white) + 2x T5 light set with remote control (can control the blue/white intensity)... I think AM also selling but not sure if the price are good... expected < $500 for 4 feet... > $500 for 5 feet ..

I am using one for my 4.5 feet planted tank.. :thumbsup: (just for LPS + fish + rocks should be ok..).

but if you want to go for SPS in the future.. you got to replace the whole set as the light set is in full lenght x width.. :thumbdown: and lighting is not strong enough to go to the "dark side"..

fts-022012.JPG

Thats a lot of saving ! Need to visit you and learn more about your lighting for cost reduction, without compromise to keeping sps.

cheers,

mike

I was surprised too.. :yeah: ... given that I used to have 3x250W MH + 8x39W T5 (6 footer) and 2x150W MH + 2 x 52W T5 (4.5 footer) ... I am still keeping all the T5 but replaced all MHs with Main LED... I think the chillers have less heat to cool down...which contribute to additional power saving... :thumbsup:

Mike, you are welcome to visit me (PM me when you want to swing over)... best would be end of this month ...as I have a New LED toy arriving with latest technology with at least half or 1/3 of the price of some latest branded LED.. :D:whistle:eyebrow:.. with the new toy, I hope to totally replace all the T5 with LED lighting to further cut down the $$$..

It's also my hope not just to save the running cost but also a flexible means for me to improve on the colouration of the SPS with the latest technology... :idea:

fts-022012.JPG

I was surprised too.. :yeah: ... given that I used to have 3x250W MH + 8x39W T5 (6 footer) and 2x150W MH + 2 x 52W T5 (4.5 footer) ... I am still keeping all the T5 but replaced all MHs with Main LED... I think the chillers have less heat to cool down...which contribute to additional power saving... :thumbsup: Mike, you are welcome to visit me (PM me when you want to swing over)... best would be end of this month ...as I have a New LED toy arriving with latest technology with at least half or 1/3 of the price of some latest branded LED.. :D:whistle:eyebrow:.. with the new toy, I hope to totally replace all the T5 with LED lighting to further cut down the $$$.. It's also my hope not just to save the running cost but also a flexible means for me to improve on the colouration of the SPS with the latest technology... :idea:

Thanks ahead, Clee 123. I found an ANGEL in you on the lighting aspect for sps reef on both cost and performance. :bow: I will rope in DR A , while swinging to your place at this month end.

Sorry Joe Joe :off:

rgds,

mike

• SRC Member

The More expensive models always include 2 or more of the following:

A) switchable mode between blue and white with dimmable ballast

B) lightning flash mode to stimulate thunder

C) passing cloud mode to stimulate cloudy day

D) electronic time mode to control day,evening and night mode

-Main Display Tank : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft c/w sump tank cabinet (Set up by aquarium artist)

-Lightings : 4 sets of 1.5ft mini aqua lumen LED lights (7 high power led 15W)

-Chiller: 1/4HP artica chiller with a standby of HC-100A

-Skimmer : Bubble Magnus 3 (cone)

-Phosphate Reactor

-NP Bio-pellet D&D onceanic hang-on reactor

-Wavemaker : MP10

-Temperature mointor : American Wireless pinpoint thermometer

The More expensive models always include 2 or more of the following:

A) switchable mode between blue and white with dimmable ballast

B) lightning flash mode to stimulate thunder

C) passing cloud mode to stimulate cloudy day

D) electronic time mode to control day,evening and night mode

What if I tell you the less expensive one also has these above features now plus wireless control..??.. :eyebrow: .. I am doing a product review in my thread soon when I received the new toy... :superman:

fts-022012.JPG

What if I tell you the less expensive one also has these above features now plus wireless control..??.. :eyebrow: .. I am doing a product review in my thread soon when I received the new toy... :superman:

Those product mainly from China or Taiwan... am I right?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Now led so cheap? why I saw those led usually 2-4k ? is there a difference between few hundreds and those in thousands?

Frankly spreaking... the major difference is the UNKOWN and UNTESTED product quality and your luck!!! :chair:

fts-022012.JPG

Those product mainly from China or Taiwan... am I right?

Yes.... I even found (in Taiwan) one LED system that interface with software that can tell you the total output (power) you used for the day for each track (assuming one track is about 6 LED) ... of coz the intensity and colour temperture of each track is configurable for different simulations... :cheers:

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

Oh,maybe I have the concept of expensive products that have all the fantastic features.hahaha.... I maybe outdated.

-Main Display Tank : 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft c/w sump tank cabinet (Set up by aquarium artist)

-Lightings : 4 sets of 1.5ft mini aqua lumen LED lights (7 high power led 15W)

-Chiller: 1/4HP artica chiller with a standby of HC-100A

-Skimmer : Bubble Magnus 3 (cone)

-Phosphate Reactor

-NP Bio-pellet D&D onceanic hang-on reactor

-Wavemaker : MP10

-Temperature mointor : American Wireless pinpoint thermometer

I custom made my 4 feet LED at around S$1400. Here is what I got, just for ur reference:-

48 3w LEDs

-24 White, 16 (10k) and 8 (6500k)

-24 Blue in different wavelength.

-6 1w Violet

-4 20w White (14k)

-4 cooling fans

-Build in timer

-White n Blue LEDs are dimmable