My 2ft Nano Reef Tank

slapper

Wow. Impressive. So simple and clean! Kudos bro.

THanks bro. It's simple cos there's no sump. Clean cos i use distilled water to prevent algae growth (low phosphate). But need daily water top up caused by evaporation.

My Tank Journey

• SRC Member

Bro slapper, how much water do you topup daily? Are the dymax fans any good? I'm using the sunon fan and its only able to bring my temp down to 28'c.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Bro slapper, how much water do you topup daily? Are the dymax fans any good? I'm using the sunon fan and its only able to bring my temp down to 28'c.

The days have been quite hot. My tank temp during daytime is also 28.x.

My Tank Journey

Hi, bro slapper simply love your tank :thumbsup: especially the sea horse and the shrimp may I know what do you feed them i went to iwarna to inquire a small bottle of oyster egg liquid food already cost $25 quite expensive.

Thank you bro. I do not keep seahorses anymore as they are slow eaters. Will never be able to compete with the faster fishes. I feed pallets and frozen Mysis to my fishes and shrimps. The shrimps eat whatever that's left on the ground.

My Tank Journey

Another photo to share.... 97E3ACE6-F83C-4676-980C-4B038180AAD7-400
Love the rich colours of your flourishing reef. It's hard to believe that this is just a 2 feet tank. Simply amazing.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

I've done up my ricordea florida garden. Now it looks even better.

925FB846-E729-40A1-BEAA-9460E344AB1B-400

WOW this is beautiful I like it very much you really invest $$$ on quality corals care to PM where and how much for a pieces of yuma it look very expensive to me a question do your shrimp disturb your corals like climbing anywhere on the corals as I intend to keep one as now my tank is slowing looking for corals to decorate thank.

Wish I have a rics and yuma garden like yours.

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

WOW this is beautiful I like it very much you really invest $$$ on quality corals care to PM where and how much for a pieces of yuma it look very expensive to me a question do your shrimp disturb your corals like climbing anywhere on the corals as I intend to keep one as now my tank is slowing looking for corals to decorate thank.

Thank you. Many of my corals are not expensive. Normal prices. Most expensive piece is probably $80? And that's the pulsating Fiji Xenia. The orange Yuma is $20+ I think. The rics floridas are about $30 per polyp. My shrimps do not disturb my corals. it's impt to know the compatibility. Do not get camel shrimps.

My Tank Journey

btw bro also can share how you do your photography? nice photos especially the colouring :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nothing special about the photography. It is using iPhone 5. The colors are caused by the LED lights. It brings out the vibrancy of the corals.

My Tank Journey

Another photo to share.... 97E3ACE6-F83C-4676-980C-4B038180AAD7-400
Amazingly stunning !! Simply love your tank ....

System 45 - 1.5 ft cube with sump

Vortech MP 10

Maxspect Nano Razor 60W

BM Nac 3.5 Skimmer

BM MF70 reactor - Rowaphos

Phosban reactor 150 - NP Biopellet

Hailea chiller HS 28A

Newbie_David

Amazingly stunning !! Simply love your tank ....

THanks bro. The colors IMO has too strong contrast due to the LED lights. It looks more natural when looking at the real thing.

My Tank Journey

solid nano tank

THanks Bro. It's impt to know what livestocks works for your tank, and what doesn't, esp corals. Even with normal corals for a tank like mine, you can still make it look good. But there's always a danger in such nano tanks. Deterioration of water quality can quickly affect the livestocks in there due to its small size. This is the challenge that every nano tank owners will face.

My Tank Journey

THanks Bro. It's impt to know what livestocks works for your tank, and what doesn't, esp corals. Even with normal corals for a tank like mine, you can still make it look good. But there's always a danger in such nano tanks. Deterioration of water quality can quickly affect the livestocks in there due to its small size. This is the challenge that every nano tank owners will face.

Well said bro

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

whats your tank dimension ?? running on sump ?

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

just bought a super sun coral from iwarna. 2 blue notes...but seeing how healthy it is, I think it's worth it.

Yes bro, open up very beautifully and really worth the price. Mine also got from iwarna last year till today still going strong.