My 2ft Nano Reef Tank

slapper

Yes, you can set it to max and can get it from Dr Evil (Razali) from DeLightings, one of the sponsors here.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

It's a 2 feet tank with No Sump.

bro, is it a 2ft x 2 ft x 2ft or 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft ?

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

Nice tank you have.. Been reading it since last night. I just started.. Really envy your tank.. I only have fowlr.. What the filter you are using, is it a hang on? I Rem u say it was a canister but Wat is the thing u hang behind ur tank?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm using an Eheim AquaCompact60 and only recently realised that it is not made for a marine tank :( But since it has been working well, chose to ignore the fact. I like the compact size which no other canister filter is able to provide.

The HOB device is a RIO nano skimmer. Wouldnt say the best skimmer available but it certainly beats the dymax one that is designed for IQ5. This skimmer doubles up as a filter as well which i added some marine bio filter material to absorb harmful substances such as ammonia, metals etc.

Recently my water level suffered as I havent been paying much attention to the nitrate level. That's the peril of a nano tank but fortunately managed to arrest the situation in time to reduce loss of livestocks. I have no space for chaeto refugium and is dependant only on water changes and chemical buffer to remove nitrate and phosphate.

I have also recently installed a nano osmolator to auto top up water caused by high evapration rate of running 2 dymax vortex fan. It's a great investment cos it also allows me to chill my pail of water with ice bottles so the water that goes into the display tank will further cool the tank temperature.

• Like 1

My Tank Journey

I'm using an Eheim AquaCompact60 and only recently realised that it is not made for a marine tank :( But since it has been working well, chose to ignore the fact. I like the compact size which no other canister filter is able to provide.

The HOB device is a RIO nano skimmer. Wouldnt say the best skimmer available but it certainly beats the dymax one that is designed for IQ5. This skimmer doubles up as a filter as well which i added some marine bio filter material to absorb harmful substances such as ammonia, metals etc.

Recently my water level suffered as I havent been paying much attention to the nitrate level. That's the peril of a nano tank but fortunately managed to arrest the situation in time to reduce loss of livestocks. I have no space for chaeto refugium and is dependant only on water changes and chemical buffer to remove nitrate and phosphate.

I have also recently installed a nano osmolator to auto top up water caused by high evapration rate of running 2 dymax vortex fan. It's a great investment cos it also allows me to chill my pail of water with ice bottles so the water that goes into the display tank will further cool the tank temperature.

Thank for sharing the infor bro so how your tank doing now may I know that your Rio nano skimmer on for 24 hours especially at night do it create any noise thank.

Please view the video of the current state of my tank. My skimmer is turned on 24/7 and it doesnt make a lot of noise. The noise comes from the Dymax Vortex Fans.

love your tank... your blower is blowing which direction? left to right or right to left?

love your tank... your blower is blowing which direction? left to right or right to left?

Thanks bro. It is blowing from right to left however the reflection of the waves makes the corals sway towards the right.

My Tank Journey

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice setup...inspire to setup a nano tank

Thank you. A nano tank can be as satisfying as a big tank. Esp if you are able to achieve equilibrium-steady-state without the need of expensive equipments. Maintenance wise is not too time consuming too. Just remember to change 15-20% water once a week, add additives and water top-ups daily, and scrub the tank algae regularly.

My Tank Journey

bro ur not using chiller right, wht temp do u keep ur tank at??

very nice 2ft

cheers jack

Thank you for the kind words.

I am not using chiller. I'm using 2 dymax vortex fans during the day. Day time temp is about 28-29C. As i am home at night, the air-con will be turned on. This will cause a drop in temp to about 25-26C. The fans will caused fast evaporation that is why i'm using an osmolator to auto top-up the water so that water parameters will not fluctuate too wildly.

My Tank Journey

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the kind words.

I am not using chiller. I'm using 2 dymax vortex fans during the day. Day time temp is about 28-29C. As i am home at night, the air-con will be turned on. This will cause a drop in temp to about 25-26C. The fans will caused fast evaporation that is why i'm using an osmolator to auto top-up the water so that water parameters will not fluctuate too wildly.

ok, cheers

Luv your scolys.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

If u r using led, careful with acclimatizing the scolys as they r pretty sensitive to led par. Try to shade them first before directly intro them to led spectrum.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.