My 2ft Nano Reef Tank

slapper

Bro your tank don't look like a 2ft tank at all haha. Very nice tank and video! So much variety of corals, hard to believe you're only running fans, definitely a well planned set up :D

Bro your tank don't look like a 2ft tank at all haha. Very nice tank and video! So much variety of corals, hard to believe you're only running fans, definitely a well planned set up :D

THanks Bro! It is 2 feet and not very wide (altho i wish it has more width and height). U will be amazed how many corals i pack in there. I'm out during the daytime so the fan is constantly running. By the end of the day, the temp can go as high as 28C. In the evening i will turn on the air-con (partly becos i wanna enjoy the air-con as well :P) to lower the temp to 25-26C. I'm not really successful in keeping corals such as true octopus and torches (mainly long tentacles one). They stay with me about 3 months or so and start to die off. Not sure is it because of the high temp. May someone can provide advice!

• Like 1

My Tank Journey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I draw the curtains down so the room is dark. Windows are close as well. Guess it really depends which direction you place your tank. There are some corners of the house where the temperature is lower.

My Tank Journey

Sharing my 'superman' scolymia australis (left) and 'bleeding apple' scolymia australis (right). Quite low maintenance coral. Daily feed of phytoplankton. Beware if you have fire shrimps/cleaner shrimps as they might damage the soft tissues.

1466319_10152975877398646_69858306799238

My Tank Journey

• SRC Supporter

Thanks bunster bro. Tho it's costly but they are easier to maintain than some corals. I haven't had much luck with chalice and acans.

Hi bro, chalice tough to keep? I am thinking of a chalice for my next purchase and i just got an acan.... zzzz

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...