orange tip anemone

klyve

Hi help needed!!! have this anemone for around 5months and yesterday for no reason the orange tip disappear. Nothing change,just out of the sudden. any ideal what happen? attached is the present pic.

post-15112-0-80749800-1334547082_thumb.j

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

Lol Bro loved ur description.... but what causes it to turn colour??? i love her so Much, dosnt bear to dump her.. 5 months with her got feeling!!!

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

Hi, read it somewhere that you need to feed the anemone with shrimp/squid/meaty food 2-3 times a week;

for them to maintain the colors.

Oh is it?? i never feed them maybe 2 months 1 time only... But mine RBTA the colour still can maintain lay....

I really dont know, Klyve. What i do know ( as far as my own experience ) is the bubble tips aka the nipples will lose their shape and colour after a few months in my tank. It will become ordinary looking. Hope someone can throw light to this great disturbance. Bubble tip anemone always looks super chio upon shipment arrival. I refuse to get another one now.

Cheers

mike

I really dont know, Klyve. What i do know ( as far as my own experience ) is the bubble tips aka the nipples will lose their shape and colour after a few months in my tank. It will become ordinary looking. Hope someone can throw light to this great disturbance. Bubble tip anemone always looks super chio upon shipment arrival. I refuse to get another one now.

Cheers

mike

hmm, actually last time i have 1 RBTA for 2 years plus and the nipple still very pluffy... Maybe they like random flow and low light?? cause i always put it near the sand bed and it will remain there....

• SRC Member

1 thing is to make sure they dont die in the tank n rot away. its TOXIC..

i had a small anemone n left it in the sump, not knowing it had died, my pair of flame angels died , 1 by 1,

amongst other fishes

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

some claim they need a host to keep its bubbly tip, i had a pair of clowns and still looses them.

i heard the flow and lighting also plays a part.

never really had an ans to it after so many years LOL!

knew someone who had theirs for years. perhaps its on individual :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Color is closely related to lighting. Color is basically reflected light hitting your eyes. Change in color could be that the anemone had adjusted to your tanks lights and have start absorbing the spectrum that made them attractive to you when you bought them. Therefore, provision the right kind of lights may play a part in keep the anemone reflecting the nice colors. Of course water conditions and nutrition and many other factors play parts too.

Another possibility could be dyed specimens losing their dyed colors and reverting back to their natural shade.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)