Is nutc "Pure" water same as "Life" water?

kaykay

• SRC Member

I bought 5 cartons. Only after pouring halfway then I realized its "pure". But everyone talking about "Life"..

$1.35 for 3 bottles. So I saw it and just grabbed it.

Anyone can enlighten? Tks.

post-3628-0-51965000-1335850120_thumb.jp

Now just water inside doing leak test, and checking the schematics of the water turbulence.

Not sure if the pure one is distilled or not, it's not indicated in the label. Maybe you should do a tds reading on it to confirm. The life one is distilled and confirmed with tds reading at zero.

Not sure if the pure one is distilled or not, it's not indicated in the label. Maybe you should do a tds reading on it to confirm. The life one is distilled and confirmed with tds reading at zero.

You confirmed getting 0ppm for Life brand distilled water?

In that case, better to pay marginally more for LIFE.

Just checked Fairprice this morn... Fairprice is $5.20 and LIFE is $5.50 per carton of 12 bottles. Pity that NTUC charge $7 for delivery for above $60..... (unlike Carrefour) which is free for > $150.

• SRC Member

Haiz.. Just was inexplicably blind when I took the water. I'm too lazy to change the water out now.

Now I'll just have to cycle with this water mixed w salt, and do a bigger percentage wc at the end of the cycle.

Just in case the 8ppm consist of Chloromine, you can add water conditioners to neutralize it.

Average TDS for tap is 35-40ppm.

Average acceptable TDS for DI is less than 10ppm.

Average acceptable TDS range for distilled water is less than 5ppm.

I believe it is commercially not possible to have water to be in 0ppm for long, that is why wafer fab has to treat their already 'cleaned' water supplies before using.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

In that case, better to pay marginally more for LIFE.

Just checked Fairprice this morn... Fairprice is $5.20 and LIFE is $5.50 per carton of 12 bottles. Pity that NTUC charge $7 for delivery for above $60..... (unlike Carrefour) which is free for > $150.

Thought $0.95 for 2X 1.5 litre was already on offer till yesterday? So that means from today onwards, price going to reduce further? Any Bros/Sis can double confirm? Thks.

If you buy by the carton of 12 X 1.5L. it is slighter cheaper.

I.E. $5.50 per carton. :)

No leh :( ...so far bought few cartons at different times but it's still the same price @$0.95 X 2. Which Fairprice you bought at? Thks.

• Moderators

No leh :( ...so far bought few cartons at different times but it's still the same price @$0.95 X 2. Which Fairprice you bought at? Thks.

Strange then. I had been buying at 5.50 a carton.

Did you take the whole carton or you took 12 bottles separately?

I do experience it when there is no complete carton and they will charge me by the bottles. Try to ask for the complete carton box packing.

Will try to take a snap shot of the price over the shelf the next round i'm buying :)

Tom

Strange then. I had been buying at 5.50 a carton.

Did you take the whole carton or you took 12 bottles separately?

I do experience it when there is no complete carton and they will charge me by the bottles. Try to ask for the complete carton box packing.

Will try to take a snap shot of the price over the shelf the next round i'm buying :)

In fact, I've just bought another 1 carton last Sat & still charges me $0.95 X 2. Will highlight to them again.Tks

• SRC Member

FOr me, I bought the carton at $5.50

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Bros, just went NTUC yest, LIFE no longer has offer. One bottle 90c now.

But fair price pure has offer, 2 bottles $1.05

Just to confirm that fair price pure drinking water is OK to use right? TDS 0.08 ppm - that was 2012 reading. Anyone has recent reading?