Evergrow 60W-CREE Dimmable Aquarium Light. Anyone using? Reviews?

kaykay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

do u happen to hv the lengendary blower i maybe looking for?

i used to melt lead on my cooking stove... when i am DIY my own fishing weights. But remember to keep the windows opens ... air the place where you are melting lead ...

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

The following is their reply to me when i requested on CREE instead of Brigdelux brand bulbs:

Hi Joe,

The CREE leds is different from the Bridgelux , the chips is bigger than

Bridgelux one, the replaced things would be easier for the Bridgelux one.

To make sure the Cree can woke the best, the way of assemble is harder than

the Bridgelux one. Also you can not replace the Cree one with Bridgelux

leds,

Is the instruction sheet clear enough? did you got the point?

If there is any problems please tell us.

Regards,

Roery

in short i think he meant the chips and the bulb not compaitable... would the LED DIY gurus advise???

I have been in contact with Roery from eshine today via email.

He did mention that there are LED protectors for each Cree chip, but not the Bridgelux ones.

So even when one of the Cree chips burns out, the rest of the chips will still work, as they do not burn out together.

That is why replacing the Cree is more difficult, and also why not compatible.

Price wise, the Bridgelux set is US$40. Cree set US$68. (30W set). Not much bulk discounts too.

Cannot add dimmers.

Shipping using DHL.

The price for the Bridgelux is really too tempting.

I will be placing the lightset 15cm from the water surface. Will the Cree be too bright?

Any advice?

• SRC Member

I think bro kajiuworld is using this LED....just saw it last night testing its dimmable function. According to him, SPS growth is there...of course not as good as MH lah.....most important is able to sustain it.

Actually I had almost made up my mind on this. But after throwing open this topic, the Eshine Aquawasher seemed more suited for my narrow tank, and at only half the cost!! The bracket also made it easier to mount on my hood too.

So, now I'm just waiting for some reefers to join in a bulk order.

I should be posting the BO tonight.

Please look out for it, after the mods' approval.

Before I post the BO, can I just roughly gauge the interest here first?

I'm ordering 1 unit Cree.

Any others?

About usd450 with Dhl delivery and PayPal surcharge.

Close to SGD600 ... :wacko: !

Personnelly feel that pay another more for a good brand such as Radion or Orphek might be a good option as the price for ROC product includes shipping charge are not cheaper either and also take into the consideration like, after sale support, many features integrated with nice silm outlook..etc :thumbsup: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Nowadays LED product not cheap...even decent product from China cost a bomb...chose well and chose wise...we need these lights to make out tank look Sui Sui....

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

I considered it a good buy, w delivery and Cree led and lens. The choice is up to you, just sharing my experience on a product.

I'm not saying ROC LED is not a good buy but like bro spkentchai said...choose well and wisely.

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

i used to melt lead on my cooking stove... when i am DIY my own fishing weights. But remember to keep the windows opens ... air the place where you are melting lead ...

but no lead content for melting the led chips right? noted on the windows part though....

i thought the gas stove will have bad heat distribution?

glad tht this have become a useful thrend....

seriously i dont think their cost is very expensive since they can just the replacement led bulbs to me through DHL...

but to certain extend how much can we really trust tht the bulb is CREE?

Yes it's true..Many ROC Led product claimed that they are using Cree led but what i would like to know more is what series and bin of cree led they used. Eg ..XRE, XPG,XPE or XTE and R5, R4, R3 bin used. With this info, you can roughtly know what led spectrum, par ...you are getting...!

Yes it's true..Many ROC Led product claimed that they are using Cree led but what i would like to know more is what series and bin of cree led they used. Eg ..XRE, XPG,XPE or XTE and R5, R4, R3 bin used. With this info, you can roughtly know what led spectrum, par ...you are getting...!

maybe you can post this qns to Roery....

maybe you can post this qns to Roery....

I will if i interested but so far still love to DIY as i choose my needs when purchasing led, Len....