Malacca Coral Wonderland Review

cdckjn

• SRC Member

Hi, just visited Coral Wonderland at Malacca. http://coralwonderland.com.my/

the visit for Singaporean Adult RM40 while child is RM30, so price is quite high for a 40mins visit. The only nice part is the exhbit where you can walk in to feed the black tip reef shark as well as the hawkbill turtle (you have to pay for the feed).

There are also a couple of videos in Youtube of the place. It is quite fun to as there is a touch the sea creatures area. The tanks of the fishes are quite healthy but I thnik they are having a "old tank" syndrome, where the fishes are dying one by one. They need to maintain it well as I start to see diatoms growing on their sandbed.

They have a nice collection of about 5 tank with variety of corals but many are not fully open (I went in just about opening time in the morning - the first visitor)

They have a little worksheet which you have to go to several stations to "chop" the answers, and upon completion to redeem a plastic key-tag.

Overall is it worth the money? I rate it 2 shells out of 5.

• 1 month later...

Another place to visit for Sg reefers.:)

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

I recommend that if you are into reefing and vivariums, frogs and other exotic creatures, this is actually worth a visit but the animals are not very very well taken care of, so as a person, I feel sorry that these animala have to suffer.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • SRC Member

Garden eels in a pebbled substrate, some crocodile creature in a tank way too small for it, overcharging visitors and some other tanks too small for the fish... I don't feel like visiting :/ it's just gonna be fundings for improper treatment of animals. Anyways in Singapore got a lot of reefers tanks to see also :D no need to go so far to see common corals haha

• SRC Member

Maybe we can start a topic for reefers who ok to invite other reefers to visit n view their tanks. Inviters can bring drinks/food over and tcss..dunnoe is that feasible anot..

Great idea! Maybe can also have someone to bring a cooler to store corals so we can go and trade around where people are fine with it. sharing is caring :D

• SRC Member

Can suggest to moderator to kick start this.. i m still a newbie.. have always wanted to know more friends n appreciate others tanks n knowleadge sharing n etc...

same :thumbsup: I need to make more reefing friends and buddies! Idk any of the pros currently haha. I want to see their tanks :) all of them see so nice in photo it would probably much more awesome in real life

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...