nano tank

starfish123

• SRC Member

maybe will try purigen.as for the biopellets, i only used abt 100ml. polyfilter is it put at the front or the back cause the front part got no space. as for refugium the e.shine aqua washer is taking up the sump space so might get refugium but less cheato and a bit of mangroves.

• SRC Member
maybe will try purigen.as for the biopellets, i only used abt 100ml. polyfilter is it put at the front or the back cause the front part got no space. as for refugium the e.shine aqua washer is taking up the sump space so might get refugium but less cheato and a bit of mangroves.

remember to get d-d filter bag. most bags leak purigen, that's another problem with purigen. I cannot determine your dosage for biopellets as different tanks have different nutrient load. I believe your nutrient levels may be high, that would explain the bloom. I do recommend you to start of with 25% of manufacturer's recommended dosage, and slowly ramp up by 25% monthly. Dosage should be reduced to the dose which is on the verge of giving a bloom. Do remember that dosage has to be adjusted once the bioload changes as well. polyfilter can be used as a primitive form of mechanical filtration. it can be used as replacement for filter floss. As for chemical filtration usage, anywhere with a good flow would be fine, it is recommended to place in an area where it is visible to allow you to check the colour change easily.

kh 8.4 ok for sps?

8-12 would be fine, however, anecdotal evidence suggests 9-10 for better coloration. that said, there are tanks with colourful sps with dKh range of around 8 and range of 11 too.

• SRC Member

just bought rics from iwarna,question is,did i make a mistake to glue it onto a frag plug cause do not know if it will be able to split or not when it is glied on it. if it is able to split,how then do i transfer it to another frag plug? cause my frag plug is a little bit too small for two rics

• SRC Member

just bought rics from iwarna,question is,did i make a mistake to glue it onto a frag plug cause do not know if it will be able to split or not when it is glied on it. if it is able to split,how then do i transfer it to another frag plug? cause my frag plug is a little bit too small for two rics

I will suggest u to put them in a container with small live rocks n let them stick to the rocks themselves. Once secured, they will split depending on how happy or stress they are. Another way is to cut them into half w pen knife n then let them heal themselves. Youtube should have some examples.

Unless they are already attached to small pebbles or rocks else they will self detach if u glue their body directly to frag plug.

• SRC Member

It depends but w no space on the frag plug, how to split?

:)

so does it mean it will never split again? auntie who sold to me ask me to glue or place on rock or frag plug or put it in a place with low flow and let it attach but she say better to glue. so can i glue the frag plug on a rock and then let the ric naturally attach or can it detach from the rock that i glued it onto and then split?

seeing your rics made me want to buy more :cheers:

• SRC Member

so does it mean it will never split again? auntie who sold to me ask me to glue or place on rock or frag plug or put it in a place with low flow and let it attach but she say better to glue. so can i glue the frag plug on a rock and then let the ric naturally attach or can it detach from the rock that i glued it onto and then split?

seeing your rics made me want to buy more :cheers:

One way is to find a bigger piece of rock, attach ya ric to the rock n glue this rock to the frag plug. This way u can easily frag out new grown rics or having more space on the rocks for ric to spread.

Juz my 2 cts :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I will be your 1st customer to buy ur ric. As i dont have it. Good luck, i will be waiting..

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• 3 weeks later...