Mini reef tank fit for a mad scientist

MadScientist

• SRC Member

Unfortunately, due to lack of space, I am unable to proceed with ATS project. However, I have ordered an iq5,should have more space.

Meanwhile, I have a cyano attack with 99% of them growing on my filter floss. CTS instead of ATS? Maybe cyano are faster nutrients exporters than algae.

• SRC Member

How' s ur clam? Doing well?

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I used a rubber band.. whenever I feed my gems.. I put on the band on my wrist.. :) that's by controller.. hahha

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

I have not read the entire thread, but as far as I know, there are many successful nano / pico reef tanks that thrive without skimmers, so I'm pretty sure that should not be the root cause of your tank "crash". Perhaps you would like to share more about what you consider as a tank crash? All livestock died?

• SRC Member
Forgotten to turn back on the skimmer for more than 8 hours. Tank crashed, =( That's why I need an aquarium controller or a skimmer with feed mode. Should have gotten a more noisy skimmer. My bad, old people, lousy memory.

Sorry to hear about that. If u need any help to temporarily house any livestock just give me a ring.

• SRC Member

I used a rubber band.. whenever I feed my gems.. I put on the band on my wrist.. :) that's by controller.. hahha

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

that's a brillant idea. I hope I won't be senile enough to forget to even put on the band, haha.

For me I don't go work or sleep, until everything is on especially skimmer. Sorry to hear that bro.

I also try to do that too, somehow, I keep forgetting a lot of things. age is catching up too fast.

I have not read the entire thread, but as far as I know, there are many successful nano / pico reef tanks that thrive without skimmers, so I'm pretty sure that should not be the root cause of your tank "crash". Perhaps you would like to share more about what you consider as a tank crash? All livestock died?

most corals are fine. snails are fine too. all fishes and shrimps died though. i don't think it's the lack of nutrient export, it is most probably due to the lack of adequate oxygenation.

Sorry to hear about that. If u need any help to temporarily house any livestock just give me a ring.

thanks for your offer. nano tank crashes are usually swift. fast to kill, fast to fix, haha.

Hey bro.. wad happened to your tank ? I dn think without switching on skimmer will crush your tank.. u might want to find out the main reason. I believe u have seen my tank , it runs without a skimmer too.

it seems everything is fine now, I did not even do any water change after crashing. should be due to lack of oxygenation. my tank is cube shaped, less surface area than rectangular shape. And I am at the higher end of ideal temperature range.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

my tank 9 x 7 inch surface area. no skimmer.. running for yrs. Temperature and water change is important.. Taking so many water parameter test makes me go nuts.. so think simple..since ur tank is so small should be easy to maintain. Are you using fan or chiller?

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png