5ft Rimless - Journey to underwater world 2

spkentchai

• SRC Member

I am happy to start this hobby in a used tank that very much provided me with the courage to embark in this journey. I spoke to a lot of people before I start and after I start...."wow very difficult leh"...."very expensive hobby leh"..... these are the usual comments that you will hear from people....I agree that this hobby do take up a lot of vitamin M if you seriously look into every aspect of this hobby...but it is also true that it can be a very in-expensive hobby....but time involvement alone is expensive if you calculate the manhours spent.

So, I am glad that I am still not put off by all these negativity and very excited to embark in a total new journey. CFO have officially approved the project statement and therefore....here i am now....i will be posting some proposed design of the main tank and sump tank....do give me your 2 cents.....

Gam sia Gam sia

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member

This is the draft of the Main Tank...total length is 5.5 ft x 2.5 ft x 2 ft(height)

Usable space is 5ft, additional 0.5ft is meant for overflow and tunze wavebox placement so that it is not awefully placed at the side of the tank. For comments please.

Tank_main.jpg

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member
Haha, he's overdosed with vitamin m. Nice tank though

Bro, I started this hobby with totally 2nd hand tank and equipment...hehe...even with this tank...2nd eq also

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

I am happy to start this hobby in a used tank that very much provided me with the courage to embark in this journey. I spoke to a lot of people before I start and after I start...."wow very difficult leh"...."very expensive hobby leh"..... these are the usual comments that you will hear from people....I agree that this hobby do take up a lot of vitamin M if you seriously look into every aspect of this hobby...but it is also true that it can be a very in-expensive hobby....but time involvement alone is expensive if you calculate the manhours spent.

So, I am glad that I am still not put off by all these negativity and very excited to embark in a total new journey. CFO have officially approved the project statement and therefore....here i am now....i will be posting some proposed design of the main tank and sump tank....do give me your 2 cents.....

Gam sia Gam sia

Awesome ! Can't wait to see it materialize !!! ^^

• SRC Member

Nice!!

Back from Aussie?

Even if no free food, invite me for your tank opening too ya.. Lol..

Yeah bro...I still need to get something from u....

I guess he shipped back a part of the gbr, now it has to be renamed as not-as-great-as-before barrier reef

lol.....you think too much liao....i din even have time to visit the lfs there.

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank